The Bahia Principe is a large hotel offering good service and facilities. The location is good, close to Playa Del Carmen, Akumal and Tulum, we travelled to Playa and Cancun on the collectivo which are easy to use and better value than the taxis, 25 Pesos per person o/w to Playa. Areas I would recommend visiting are Akumal Beach, here we took a glass bottomed boat trip out to the reef, which was excellent as we saw loads including turtles, Tulum ruins are also worth a visit, the site is well preserved and quite large, the location is also good - overlooking a nice bay, where you can swim and relax. Areas I would avoid are Xel-Ha, this is extremely commercialised and was very overcrowded when we visited, I felt that more control over maximum numbers of entrants to the lagoon should have been imposed, it is also not really worth travelling all the way to Cancun for shopping as it is not cheap, infact some stores were charging more than in the UK.
Regarding the hotel itself; the bedrooms are clean and adequate, I would recommend asking for a high floor to get a view of anything and to be close to the best section of beach Villas 21/22 or 32/31.
Overall the food served at the hotel was good, the main buffet and the buffet lunch/breakfast at Gran Tortuga were great, with freshly cooked items. Out of the a la Carte options we tried all on offer to us, the best options were Don Pablos and the Oriental, for the flavour and the cooking. The Italian- Dolce Vita and the Gran Tortuga we felt were not very good as the food did not seem to be freshly cooked and the ingredients lacked flavour, both were disapointing.
Overall we were pleased with the hotel and the service, the Mexican people were also friendly and helpfull.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico