This was our 4th trip to the Gran Bahia Tulum and were there for 9 nights. First trip was in 2000 right after it had opened. We have always stayed on the Tulum side but this time stayed on Club Diamond side and we loved it. What I like to see each time we come back are new amenities that have been added.
Rooms - We were given a villa right by the pool (villa 40). We were very close to both the Club House and Tequela Restaurant and pool was only a few yards from our building. Great...no excellent location. We loved the Club Diamond side. More low key. If you want to have a snack bar accessible to you, then Club Diamond is not your spot. For us it was great though. Rooms adequate, beds somewhat hard, but still got great night sleep.
Restaurants - EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! We think the food is plentiful and very good. We had 6 ala carte nights and our favorite one is Don Pablo. That is the best. Great food, wonderful presentation. The only restaurant we were not excited about was the new Brazillian . Food was good, but no explanation about how it works. Japanese is so fun and very entertaining. Porto Fino is a wonderful Italian with a huge appitizer bar that easily could be a meal. Frutos Del Mar...great seafood....truly all excellent restaurants. I had never tried the wine offered in the restaurants on our other trips. I did this time and found the red wine to be very good.
Pools - very wel kept and a little chilly. If you just take the plunge they are very refreshing after sitting in the hot sun.
Bars - more than plentiful !!!
Grounds - almost pristine so well kept.
The only drawback we see is the distance from the airport. Gran Bahia is our favorite all inclusive and we have been to others. The entire staff is so friendly and more than willing to help you with any problem you have.
This is a great resort for couples and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico