If you want to have a very good family vacation, using all-inclusive services, the Gran Bahia Principe Tulum is definitely right place. There are a lot of facilities, suitable for each member of family. The very positive is the fact the customers can use the facilities of all three hotels - Akumal, Tulum and Coba, located in one large resort. Transportation among all three hotels and their facilities is provided by small electric vehicles, operated oftentimes therefore it is not even difficult for older people, families or handicapped people to move for a longer distances.
For us the best (nicest) pools were in hotel Akumal, the best beach was Coba Beach and best located hotel – Tulum. The food being offered in all restaurants was very good, quality and variety of drinks absolutely sufficient. Staff of the hotel was good as well, though in some occasions not absolutely professional. On the other hand, missing professionalism has been balanced by huge effort, helpfulness and positive attitude. This is really something we appreciate even more than austere professionalism. Just to share one situation. First room we got after our arrival was room in building “hacienda” No. 332. However this room was not that we had expected – very dark and non-committal. Therefore I have verified the possibility to change the room at the reception. The helpful receptionist after the short verification offered to me another three free rooms. We decided to move to building No. 4, which had showed to be absolutely right choice. The building is close to main hotel facilities, including pools as well as just some tens of meters from beach. Unfortunately we had to wait till midnight after the movement, extremely tired (after almost 15 hours flight from Europe and beginning jet lag) when the staff brought to us the missing bed for my daughter, despite I urged them at the reception several times. Such omissible problems have occurred perhaps three or four times during our stay but had been outbalanced by number of positives matters.
All three hotels are located in southern part of Riviera Maya, more than one hour ride from Cancun airport, but close to other interesting facilities – Xcaret, Xel-Ha and Xplor adventure parks, Mayan ruins in Coba and Tulum, Punta Allen and Sian Ka'an biosphere reserve, Gran Cenote, Cenote dos Ojos, Cozumel Island etc.
We would also appreciate overall natural and ecological character of the resort, though the space for improvement still exists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico