My family and I travelled to this hotel in the Riviera Maya area with many unknowns but, we were pleasantly surprised with what we found. It was an hour and a half drive from Cancun Airport. If you can private car service is the way to go, much less stressful.
This is just one of several hotels that are linked together by beautifully landscaped roads surrounded by jungle. The hotel provides small and large golf carts (trolleys) to take you around. You are basically permitted to take advantage of all facilities. So for those who get antsy this is great, so much more to explore.
The actual hotel is magnificent. We were afraid that with 800 rooms it would be chaotic and crowded there but it was not. We never felt over crowed. There is a nice section of beach to hang out or walk on and grab a drink while doing so. Several pools to choose from and many activities some free some not. There were several bars all over the place however there was not chair service unless you paid to be a privileged member. That area was a bit removed from what was going on.
We chose one paid excursion to Koba Pyramid since it is the tallest one and the only one that you are permitted to still climb. It was very informative and we all enjoyed it. There were many trips to choose from but we all really wanted to just hang this trip.
There are nine restaurants (combining all facilities) or so that you may take advantage of. As with most all inclusive you are only permitted to make reservations at three and then there is the buffet for all other meals. We enjoyed the buffet. However the restaurants were ok not great. The décor was always wonderful and the service great but the food was where the shortcoming fell.
We had high hopes for the nightly shows but they were not very good. I felt they tried too hard to be taken seriously and didn’t meet their goal. In fact my children who are 22 and 15 didn’t even want to go after the first few we watched. They said they felt bad for the entertainers. There were music trios throughout each facilities bar that were very nice.
What we also like about this hotel amongst the group of them was that there was no gambling which for us provided the type of atmosphere we like. There weren’t hoards of twenty some things either getting drunk and rowdy. It was a great place for families and couples. Plus there were several destination weddings that occurred while we were there.
There was certainly not a shortage of wild life to be seen either. We saw - Geckos, Iguanas, raccoons, Agouti, ant eaters, Lemurs to name a few.
We really enjoyed our stay here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico