Gran Bahia Tulum is a wonderful resort.
Rooms - simple rooms but had all we needed. Very clean. Only slight complaint is that the mattress on the bed was perhaps a little old and too soft. Hair dryer in bathroom was absolutely fine to dry long hair so no need to take own one. Some rooms are better located than others but will depend on personal preference. Ours was one of the furthest from the lobby and slightly secluded but had a sea view and overlooked the dolphinarium.
Food and drink - absolutely delicious. I was very impressed with the drinks selection - branded spirits (you may need to specifically request this but with no issue), Mimosa (bucks fizz) every morning, mojitos, self service soft drinks (Pepsi, 7up, all branded). The buffet was very extensive with themed nights and separate areas e.g. Mexican, Italian, Asian, every night. It's also easy to stay relatively healthy with lots of salad and fresh fruit options.
The best a la cartes are le Gourmet for a lovely atmosphere which feels like a unique good standard stand alone restaurant (no buffet options at all) and the Japanese (although dessert disappointing). Don Pablo serves nice food but is adjacent to main buffet so doesn't feel like such an enjoyable relaxed dining experience. Avoid Pescadore as no better than buffet and small portions. Brazilian good with nice wine served.
Pool and beach - always plenty of loungers available and nicely positioned so you can choose a quiet area, beach or right by the pool. At times the music from the games was too loud but generally very relaxing. Pool water could have done with being heated as first thing in the morning it was freezing.
Entertainment - good shows on in the evening. Mexican fiesta at Hacienda don Isobel was good fun although not quite sure why they expect guests at an all inclusive resort to pay to attend. Live music bar very good and chance to get up and dance.
Other parts of resort - we visited Coba and Akumal. It is very easy to walk between them or catch shuttle. Hired bikes (free) and cycled around them too. I was pleased with our allocation to Tulum, it has biggest pools, right by beach, bar in evening had best atmosphere. The two a la cartes that we enjoyed most were at Coba but made a nice walk before and after dinner to go there. I think people with children would prefer Coba as it seemed more lively in the daytime with activities and children's show at night. We did not travel with children so we pleased to be there! Akumal much smaller but seemed ok. Dolphinarium at Tulum.
Outside resort - we had day trip to Chichen Itza which was okay and worth seeing but in my opinion a long day out and not as impressive as I had hoped. We didn't do it but it seemed easy to travel to Playa del Carmen to wander around the markets etc and some people travel there to go to Coco Bongo.
All in all, a fantastic holiday. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful (no hassling us just polite good service). Would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Otel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico