Hi my wife and I and 2 friends stayed at Principe Tulum on the 20th Oct for 2 weeks,
First of all can I say we enjoyed our stay and the hotel grounds were immaculate and the beach
is very nice and I can not understand why people complain about this yes you do get a few rocks
but after all this is a ocean and not a bath.
We have been to Mexico quite a few times and stayed in the Riu Hotels and to be honest
the Bahia chain could learn a few lessons from them.
At the Riu hotels you are greeted and shown to your table which is already set.
The Bahia you are greeted but then you have to try and find a table and quite a few times
we then had to wait for it to be set.
To be honest I think all the staff at the Bahia work really hard but they are quite simply
The food in the buffet was fine but repetitive we enjoyed all the a la cartes very good food and
I also think they could improve by having a bar where you could sit and relax to 12.00pm
The lobby bar shuts at 11.00pm the staff worked really hard but once again they were still are understaffed and you then have to go to the haceinda which shuts at 12.00pm this was ok
but somtimes it would be nice to stay in the same place.
Room tip block 23 top floor over looks the dolphin pool. we would also would like to thank
Maria our maid who found our safe key and handed it in and kept the room spotless.
This is my honest review and dont let it put you off this hotel I am sure you will have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico