I travelled to the Bahia Principe in Feb 2012. The accommodation was great (if perhaps not quite 5* standards) and the staff were wonderful. I've never stayed in a friendlier hotel. However, I'm not overly used to all-inclusive and I found it a little too far away from everything. It didn't feel very Mexican and to visit the 'real' Mexico, it became pricey and involved long coach trips.
The food was great and the beaches were lovely, although there were not many great places to swim. The entertainment shows are different every day but are repeated every week so once we'd been there for the first week we had little to do at night. The bars are great and cocktails yummy but at 24 we seemed to be the youngest people there. It wasn't perhaps the best place to go for two twenty-something girls.
Therefore, to round up...If you're not a fan of sight-seeing and you are looking for a romantic getaway for a few weeks, this hotel is great. If you're not looking for places to go out drinking and prefer nice meals and quiet evenings on the balcony then this resort will suffice.
I did have a great holiday but perhaps next time I go away I will rent a villa and do self-catering so I can explore a bit more of the country I'm visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico