When I travel, I like to get to know people. The last time I was in Mexico I stayed in Cancun for three nights and didn't get to know anyone! At Villas de Rosa, I got to know a whole lot of people in one day!
The secret is the cozy atmosphere at the Beach Bar. It's so enjoyable to sit there and just get to know people. Rob and Tommy do a great job of bartending......so it's all good!
I want to say a little more about these guys. Someone posted that they did not enjoy a tour hosted by one of them. I would totally disagree.....the tour into the private caves/cenotes was the highlight of our week! If you have the opportunity to go on one of these tours....don't miss it!
The guy running the dive shop (I did not get his name) wasn't all that interesed in getting people interested in taking dives with Aquatech. My husband went down there and hung around for about 10 minutes and was ignored, so he decided not to do a dive. However, by the end of the week, he decided to sign his name up on the board and go on a double tank dive the day before we left. He had a great time and it was a good price! Someone really should take over the marketing of the dive shop.....it has a great history and there is no reason the shop should not be filled with divers every day as they do some really different dives in caves and cenotes that look fantastic!
My husband wants to go back to Akumal next Summer and stay at Villas de Rosa. This is a guy that NEVER wants to repeat a stay anywhere. My son said that this was the best vacation he had ever been on with us! So, Bravo, Villas de Rosa and thanks for a wonderful stay!!
We had a two bedroom on the third floor. It was wonderful! We opened the sliding doors to the balcony and the breeze blew through the condo and cooled us all off. At night we turned on the air conditioner in the bedroom and it kept the room nice and cool. Bedding was a little tired. The maids didn't do much deep cleaning of the condo....but it was good enough. The view was spectacular! What a lovely spot!
I was worried that my 23 year old son would not have anyone to hang with, but there seemed to be a lot of people there his age (mostly employees, but it was still good)! The manager, Tony, took the time to teach my son wave boarding and they had a lot of fun teaching each other moves on the trampoline.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas DeRosa is a small family owned resort offering 1,2 & 3 bedroom beachfront condos with hotel rooms facing the swimming pool. Each condo enjoys a private balcony, spacious living area with dining room and fully equipped kitchen. Local or international meals can be catered to your dining room or enjoyed at our beach bar or poolside cafe. Aquatech, our on-site PADI dive center, is available for reef diving, cenote diving and dive training. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Villas DeRosa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquatech Villas Derosa Hotel Akumal
- Aquatech Hotel Derosa
- Villas DeRosa Beach Resort Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico