7,392 results
All reviews ribs a la carte restaurants fish el dorado beach bar the white sands main pool the salt water pool mayan suites colonial lobby outdoor shower punta emilia adult pool junior suite white party travel club make reservations
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I were at the GPKantenah May 5-12.What a wonderful trip we had.When we got through customs our driver was there from Canada Transfers.he put our luggage in the van and away we go.I wrote to the resort about a week before we left and asked for a king size bed on 1st or 2nd floor and because it was our ninth time to a Palladium resort we were given a beautiful Romance Suite on 2nd floor just a step from the beach and The Gold Band.We were ecstatic.Every day we would walk a few steps to the road and within a few min we were picked up in a golf cart and taken to the Kantenah lobby,or anywhere we wanted to go.We could have phoned and a golf cart would come and get us but it was nice to just sit and enjoy the beauty of this resort.We ate every day at the buffets either Colonel or Kantenah side as it was low season so they switched out buffets.The food was good and I certainly never went hungry.We went every night to Colonial side to watch the entertainment.The entertainment team were all extremely talented and wonderful music in the Colonial lobby.Every morning we went for breakfast and from the first morning we sat down Ivan was our server we had a mimosa coffee and tea waiting for us every morning he was great.We did eat at the Steak house one night and every thing was great.We were going to Chic one night but my husband packed the wrong pants and when he went to try them on they didnt fit lol better luck next time.My husband loves to swim in the ocean and a few times he went but it was hard to get in there was so much seaweed.In all the times at this resort I've never seen it so bad but it is not what brings us back to GPKantenah it is the people and we just love this resort.We spent a lot of time sitting in the lobby reading and people watching because we went there to just relax.A special thanks to David as we locked ourselves out of our room one afternoon and my husband had to go and get someone to unlock the door.All in all we had the most wonderful relaxing vacation and so look forward to another vacation at GPKantenah.The only thing that wasn't great my husband left his wallet in the safe we were half way to the airport when he realized this.The driver of the van( Canada Travels) let him use his phone to call the resort.They went and checked for us and sure enough it was there.We couldn't go back or we would miss our plane so they are keeping it for us.I think that is a very good reason to go back don't you think?Our Home away from Home.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Wandalyn
PalladiumRivieraMaya, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Wandalyn,

Thank you for trusting our Palladium family to host your holidays during the past years.

We appreciate your generous and detailed description about the services and facilities that you enjoyed in our complex, where we had the opportunity to pamper you with delicious food and excellent service!

Without a doubt, the warmth and kindness of our people are one of our most valuable assets. Always working with heart and our best smile to provide all our guests memorable stays, so we are very proud to have been the perfect place once again for your excellent experience.

We will let the people you’ve mentioned here know that you took the time to praise their efforts; we are all very excited to know that you would return and can’t wait to welcome you again.

See you soon in this your second home away from home,

Kenia Rodriguez

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Where to start, this is still a great location for a hotel. The complex is huge & in a wonderful setting, lots of space for everything. The staff work tirelessly on keeping everywhere clean & spic & span. This is still a good hotel but there are a few things that have made us decide this will be our last visit here. The negatives are, the food the choice has gone done considerably since we last came. Most of the food is Luke warm at best & stone cold at worst. The food is no longer heated from above with lights but from underneath on hot plates that fail miserably. The entertainment has lost its way the 9 oclock show is very good with the sets being extremely good but after that the entertainment goes down hill with a feel of school disco coming to mind. The old adult nightclub has been replaced with the chic show that cost aprrox $100 each which considering you have all paid for you food drink & entertainment is a bit much. If you not a Spanish speaker be prepared to be ignored the same if you don't flash the cash at the bar etc. Management know they have a problem here & are trying to stamp this out. It seems to us that almost everything thing is now aiming for the south Americans which is a shame as this was not like this before. Improvements need to be made to get this hotel complex back to where it was.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank batfink20
PalladiumRivieraMaya, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear batfink20,

Thank you for choosing Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa once again to spend your vacations and for sharing your opinion.

It is great to know you enjoyed all our grounds, the attention provided by our staff and the cleanliness.

On the other hand, we are deeply sorry to read that your expectations were not met this time and that you left with a poor impression of some of our services. We work tirelessly to ensure our guests’ satisfaction; therefore, we appreciate your feedback regarding some areas of opportunity. You can rest assured that we will give the utmost consideration to your observations in order to keep providing memorable stays to all our guests.

We wish you might consider giving us another opportunity to host you in the near future to experience all the positive changes made based on our guests’ recommendations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Upon arrival at the resort we were greeted immediately by one of the many concierge persons . He directed us to the front desk for check in . They served ice cold drinks and gave cool cloths to refresh yourself with during this process . It was a quick and easy check in for all in my group ( I had 5 rooms ) but that’s when the trouble started .
They gave us all our room keys and the shuttle was called to pick us up to take us to the rooms
We had requested 1. All our rooms be near one another 2. 4 king rooms and one double - simple right ?
Well we ended up all in doubles - no king rooms to be had and in different buildings - ugh
Next when we decided ok we will make the best of it - we get to the rooms ( in a downpour ) and only 1 rooms keys worked .... of course the shuttle had driven away and when the other rooms called the front desk from the only accessible room we were instructed to walk back to the front desk for replacement keys
The key debacle was enough to already leave a bad taste in the mouth but after we could enter the rooms one had a collapsed ceiling in the bathroom one had. I air conditioning - none of them had working mini fridges and coffee makers
Back to the front desk we go and demand to be placed in correct rooms as requested
What we got was a big stick in the butt because the next set of rooms were worse than the first . Still no mini fridges those that did have them they were empty and warm ( one person in the group was told that the fridges are not to make things cold they are mean to make things not warm ) TVs cable ripped from the wall coffee makers and hair dryers were missing .... all of these items individually are minor problems bug on the bigger scale I paid $10,000 for 5 rooms for the week you would think they would at least give a care especially after the first set of rooms were such a failure but apparently not .
The other staff were very helpful and tried to do everything to ensure the trip was successful so the service people A+ . Front desk staff -F and although they tried it is also the housekeeping staff that really were a mess here . I spilled some coffee in the floor the first night ( tile floors ) and sure enough I saw it everyday during my vacation . I left notes in Spanish ( the staff mostly does not speak English ) to please leave me a room service menu - never got one
I can tell you I loved the whole resort - next time I will try another building (either white sands or yukatan) and I will not ever go to this branch again . This is the second grand palladium I’ve been to - stayed at the punta Cana one a couple of years ago .... I think they must have lowered their standards because they weren’t fabulous then and haven’t made anything but a bad impression with this trip

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary H

Dear Mary H,

Thank you for choosing us to spend your recent vacations and for sharing your opinion about your stay.

We regret to learn that on this occasion you left disappointed due to the details you mention in your review. The situations you described in the rooms you received upon arrival are totally under our standards and we can assure you that actions will be taken in order to meet our values again.

Moreover, we are glad to know that regardless those situations, you did have a positive experience and that you truly appreciate the attention provided by most of our staff.

We do hope to have the opportunity to offer you a more charming experience in the future at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really cannot fault this complex at all everything was perfect all staff very friendly and helpful, We where there for 14 days and had 3 meals a day, and did not have the same meal twice you really are spoilt for choice steak houses are proper steak houses,
The pool is a dream, as is the Beach, the seaweed is not a problem and mostly gone by 09:00, due to the hard work of the clear up squad. Once to go out into the Sea even 2ft deep the beautiful fish are swimming around you this really is idyllic, very highly recommend this complex,

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Alan C,

We would like to thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and for sharing a nice review about your experience.

It is great to know that you had an amazing time in our resort enjoying our gastronomy, the friendliness of our staff and the beautiful Caribbean Sea.

We will be more than glad to welcome you back in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 2 weeks, having previously stayed at the TRS last year. Our party included me, my husband, my sister and her partner. We emailed ahead and asked for a specific room request and stated we are returning guests. However, when checking in, our requests were not acknowledged at all. In fact, we were in the opposite rooms to what we had asked for. We were also asked if we had stayed at the resort before. So, it seems nobody really looked into our request email or does anything with this info, so I wouldn't bother. I understand requests can't always be fulfilled but asking if we had stayed before suggests the information isn't passed on effectively.

Upon arrival at our room, we unpacked and thought it felt warmer than an air-conditioned room at 17 Celsius should. After visiting my sister's room for comparison, we realised the air con in our room was not working very well at all. Later on in the evening, the room was like a sauna and hadn't cooled at all so we asked to move. The hotel was very helpful and sorted us out a new room within 15 minutes with the air con working perfectly. They rang us to check it was ok and offered to have bell boys help us move if required. The room itself was lovely; well-kept and really all we expected. The jungle view wasn't fantastic but was still nice. A small side note if you don't like insects or other things! Be careful after the maids have tidied your room as when tidying, they leave the door open and on one day we had 2 giant moths in our room and in my sister's room a gecko managed to get in. It's the jungle, I get it, just a shock!

The hotel itself is amazing. Very eco-friendly, very clean and the grounds are beautiful. We were very lucky as the sea and the beach this year were amazing with virtually no sea weed for the whole 2 weeks.

Moving onto the Restaurants.

Thai - Amazing Amazing! We ate here 4 times as the food is beautiful and plenty of choice. Erick our server was great.

Teppanyaki - We ate here 3 times. Again, lovely food and great service. Our chef Gamboa had so much energy and really put on a show for us and both our waiters Jose and Edgar were brilliant. The only complaint I have is the starter of fried shrimp did not have the intestinal tract removed (poo trail) any of the times we ate in there. Very easy to do, and looks much more appetising. It's something I would expect a restaurant to do as standard.

Steakhouse - Disappointing on both occasions we ate here. Both times we visited in different weeks, and they did not have the filet mignon. I find this both misleading and a bit hard to believe, when I did notice the table next to us of TRS guests arrive after us and order a fillet steak. The steak we were given seemed to vary in quality with some lean and others quite fatty. The cooking of the steaks was also hit and miss with 4 ordered to be cooked medium and all 4 were at different levels. The sides are also very small.

Ribs and more - Great food, loved the burgers! We would like to give a big shout out to Hector. In the whole 2 weeks, he was our favourite waiter. He put in so much effort, was very friendly and gave us a great experience.

Japanese - Great meal, really lovely sushi and main course.

Italian - Again, a great meal.

Brazilian - We didn't eat here. It would have been nice to have some side dishes on offer here rather than just salad, which put us off a bit when there is so much meat.

Buffets - Buffets were great. Breakfast and lunch were always laid out very nicely and food was good. However, most of the time service was quite slow and did take a while to be seated.

Cocktails were lovely the whole holiday, the nicest of which being a pineapple mojito. If you get a chance, the hotel does great work releasing turtles on the beach. We managed to see some baby turtles being released which was one of our highlights. Pool entertainment was great too. They had all the usual pool games as well as bucking bronco, a foam party and special food days and parties each week.

We would definitely return to this hotel. The good by far outweighs the areas that need improving.

3  Thank blueeyes582

Dear blueeyes582,

Thank you for choosing Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa to spend your recent vacations and for sharing your detailed review through TripAdvisor.

It is great to know your overall experience was positive and that you and your family enjoyed our natural surroundings, our beautiful beach, our a la carte restaurants and the attention provided by our staff.

We appreciate you mentioning the staff members that provided outstanding service, for sure all the mentioned ones will be congratulated.

Furthermore, we would like to thank you for mentioning some improvement areas.

It will be truly a pleasure to welcoming you back in the future.