We spent two weeks in the Kantenah section of the resort with two kids, 8 and 10 years old. It’s a great resort for families, lots of different activities kept us busy during our stay. I would give it 4.5*.
The room was updated and clean, everything in working order. At first we thought that the fridge was broken, but figured out that it’s not very cold because the cabinet it sits in doesn’t allow for enough air circulation. If you leave the cabinet door slightly ajar your fridge will work much better. We were in villa #45 which is not a very good location, it’s quite a long walk to the beach, pool or lobby. It seemed difficult to catch a shuttle on our way to the lobby and that’s probably my main complaint about this resort. The trees at this resort are very close to the balconies, so you really don’t get any view.
The pool is very large and clean. We liked that it’s a little deeper, but if you don’t like that then the White Sands might be better for you. We found that there were many loungers available at any time of the day and it was easy to get a shady spot. The new children’s pool is very nice, my 8 year old liked it but my 10 year old was not interested so it’s probably better for younger kids.
The beach is beautiful and we enjoyed many long walks. The sand is very fine and you don’t need water shoes on the beach, however, if you are going into the water there are areas where you will need them. We found that the best area for swimming without having to worry about rocks is straight out of the Kantenah section. That part of the beach is also quieter and there is a bar with bathrooms, but it is a long walk to the buffet for lunch. That is also where we went snorkeling, but you have to swim out to the ropes to see some beautiful fish. We went to Akumal Bay on our own to snorkel with the turtles and the number of fish we saw at the resort was comparable to that in Akumal.
Overall, we enjoyed the food at this resort. Some things were better than others. The buffet usually had enough variety and there are items you can order on the grill (3 types of fish and 3 types of meats). We tried some a la carte restaurants and enjoyed the Japanese, Ribs and More, Italian, the Mediterranean was quite salty. The longest wait for us was about 20 minutes.
We used the tennis courts on most days and they are quite good. It’s best to reserve one ahead of time because they get pretty busy in the evening. They have racquets and balls which are fine if you are a beginner, otherwise I recommend that you bring your own.
We had a very good stay at this resort and would recommend it to friends and family. Service was good and staff quite friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan