Stayed for one week in February 2014. Went with an extended family wedding party.
Lots of activities for kids. We did not really take advantage of the other activities, but others certainly were. We were told the facility was basically full, but we never had an issue finding a beach or pool chair.
The buffet restaurants were usually busy, but we never waited very long. A strange system for the a la carte - first come first serve for the most part. The food was varied and good... at the buffet and the a la cartes. Particularly enjoyed the Japanese show kitchen.
We stayed on the Katenah side, and others in our party on the Colonial side. They were about equal from what we could see. The White Sands/Royal side looked probably newer, and more geared towards adults. People were free to roam almost anywhere, so you can think of it as one super facility. Our rooms were good... a few points where the fit and finish is showing the age of the buildings (10+ years I expect), but still good.
I was generally really impressed with the staff, and a few well placed tips certainly encouraged good service for drinks at the buffet restaurants. I never met a staff person without a smile on their face. A few minor issues with lineups for checkin and checkout, but overall A+ on the service side.
Shows - cheesy but entertaining. We were with kids so did not stay up late.
Spa - massages well received by our group. Seems always "two for one" so negotiate.
The only thing that seemed not to work too well was the golf-cart service around the resort. Good transportation between lobbies, but not really reliable or scheduled for the broader facility. An issue if you are mobility challenged, but otherwise not a concern.
We would go back... the few issues we had were very minor compared with the overall experience. The only reason for this to be 4 stars rather than 5 is the aging rooms, which are still very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan