We stayed at the Kantenah Jan 11-18th. We originally booked the Colonial and were evidently upgraded to one of the renovated standard rooms in the Kantenah section. The room looked really nice, we had two double beds which was fine. We each got to sprawl out in our own bed! On our last trip we booked a Jr Suite in the White Sand section. The only drawback to the standard room in our opinion was the much smaller bathroom. The lighting was much darker than we remember in the Jr Suite and it made it a bit harder to apply makeup before dinner, but overall was still totally fine. Our sink didn't drain when we got there, but maintenance fixed that by the next morning which we appreciated.
Don't let the negative reviews deter you from booking this hotel. Anyone who complains about the staff is probably a complainer to begin with. The staff works so hard and are always very friendly. Every department works their behinds off to make sure you have a great vacation. Miguel at the beach bar by the Colonial is always joyful, even first thing in the morning! Marco at the snorkeling area was very friendly and knowledgeable. Our maid made us lovely towel art almost every day. The beach was never dirty like some reviewers said. We always saw staff working very hard to make sure the beach looked orderly and clean. The sand was actually even softer and more plentiful than our first trip here two years ago.
The food is abundant and the buffets and a la carte's are never hard to get into. Our only disappintment really was the desserts. We just never had anything that was amazing. Two years ago we loved the crepe stations in the buffets, but this time they were really not good. On our last trip, they made each crepe fresh in the pan while you waited and had chocolate chips to melt down. This time the crepes were already made and they had what tasted like Hershey's syrup instead of real melted chocolate. Disappointing when we had such great memories of it before!
Our only other negative comment would be that there is so much smoking everywhere around the resort. We never saw any areas that were non smoking besides our rooms. It was frustrating to have to keep moving around the lobbies and bars at night to get away from the smoke, or to be laying by the ocean and suddenly be overcome with the smell of smoke drifting from fellow beach goers. It would be nice if there were some non-smoking areas in the resort.
They have a new kids area with water slides and activities, and the kids looked to be having a blast. We would recommend this hotel to both couples and families with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan