It was our third stay at GP, last two times we stayed at Colonial and this time at Kantenah.We travel as family of five and also this time we were here with two other families. I sent room request e-mail week before our vacation and they were helpful. We all had rooms at same building 50 and got Kantenah even though we booked rooms at Colonial.
Was very fast, informative, no problems at all. Asked for crib, it was delivered to our room right away.
They did a very good job with renovations. Really liked our room, new colors and decor is awesome! I don't understand why people are complaning about decor.Last year I saw old Kantenah's room and decor was very old and tired.
A/C was blowing all night and was very noisy. A/C menu is in Spanish, so I had a hard time figuring out how to change settings. Later I understood that Baja means LOW and Alta is HIGH. I wish GP could provide some translations in other languages.
Housekeeping service was excellent, never had problems with it. Never got towel art this time, but it's not big deal for us. They were very busy as resort was full.
We all agreed that food was even better this time. A lot of seafood, meats,fresh fruits,etc. Nothing negative about buffet food. Loved Fisherman night at buffet ( lobster stew, grilled prawns to order,etc.) Found service at buffets sometimes excellent, sometimes bad. It all depended on how busy they were.
Resort was full, so after 8 pm. there were lines of people in buffets waiting to be seated, same thing happened in the morning after 9:30 am. Never saw this on previous stays in April and May.
This year we ate at Punta Emilia restaurant where we had an excellent meal, ordered garlic prawns and grilled seafood plate.Our waiter Angel at Punta Emilia was awesome!
We also ate at Brasilian, Ribs and More, and Mare Nostrum, all were very good. Only negative is to say was waiting time for table, in most cases 1-2 hours. It was very hard as we had kids and 1 year old baby. Many times we just couldn't wait this long and went to buffets.
RESORT and BEACH:
It's still very beautiful place, very clean, many different animals,birds everywere. Entertaiment was good, many sports to choose from,you will never be bored if you active person. Beach is still nice, waves were very gentle, which is big plus for little kids, lot of natural shade on the beach, only thing that we did miss were hammacs on the beach. Please, put them back!
NEGATIVES (which I don't think were fault of resort):
1.On our last two days kids in our party got sick, except baby. We blamed it on the pool and overeating. They spend most of their time in the pool and came back home with ear infections.
2. Weather: we had thunderstorms, mostly in evening ( no big deal for us), but last couple days were really cloudy and rainy. Didn't have this on our previous vacations in April and May, nothing you can do, it is rainy season....
3. Mosquitos were eating us alive because of all rain we had. Bring bug spray!
1.Book private transfer if you can, you will be in resort much faster. On our last day they picked up us 3 hours before our flight departure. Last year it was 4 hours with shared transfer.
2. Visit spa, use their free saunas, hot and cold tubs, pool,etc. If you have extra money, book massage here, we did a 50 min. full body relaxing massage for $100. If you on the budget, go to Playa Del Carmen, there are many places that offer massages for $25-40 per hour. For four years in row, we do our massages in place that is next to McDonald's. Its' owner Nahim and Lupita (recommend them) and others massagists do wonderful massages for $30 per hour.
3.Use water sports. Kayaks, catamarans,etc are free. Also, they will rent you for free (you need room card and ID) snorkling kit and you can snorkel at Kantenah or White Sand beach.
4. Visit natural salt water pool
5. Have a boat ride at White Sands.
6. Relax and have a fun! You are on vacation! Try be positive, GP is not high-end resort, but it is very decent place. I visited so called " 5 star" resort before and had an awful experience and now really appreciate everything GP offers to their clients.
Will we back? Yes, if price is right. You cannot beat value GP provides for price we paid. Big plus for us,also, is that GP allows 3 kids in one room (JR.suite). They also v alue repeat customers (free upgrades if available, basket of fruits in rooms, etc.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan