Just got back after two weeks and a fine break indeed. Like many I had done some basic research of the resort and area as well as having read reviews so in relative order.
The check in was fine and smooth and friendly and for us quick to the room. The room (Kantenah, Villa 44, 3rd floor) was smart enough and everything worked well with a mini-bar (re-stocked every day). I took a pillow due to reviews but for me didn't need it, and the beds were good after a day to power down.
The Resort is large...not sure why anyone would find this a surprise, it's not like its a secret! We got to grips with it quick enough and loved the variety of lobbies, bars, restaurants and buffets. There was transport that was available but we mostly traversed through the resort and thankfully an active group who don't mind the exercise. I would think it's not for those who prefer a more closed net resort but again you really shouldn't be turning up here a being stumped. We loved the size of the place. The beach was a great stretch and we found plenty of parts great to dive in and cool off. The pool areas are plenty here, always found a seat for the four of us and a lovely setting. There are quieter parts and livelier parts so you can find what you are in the mood for. The entertainment team do a great job and we took part in dancing/stretching/pool aerobics/darts tournaments etc etc. Seemed to be something for everyone should they want to get involved. The shows were varied and plenty of them and watched a few. For a resort we thought they were good fun and well worth taking time out to see at least a couple. We went to the disco one night, but was pretty quite, never mind we took to a spot of grooving and was enjoying it none the less. I totally agree about how the team there keep the place spotless throughout. The service is great here..well was for us. No matter what the lobby, every time we took a seat one of the team would be over and take drink orders and keep coming back, really good. Yvonne was especially good! Almost everyone we spoke to gave a greeting no matter what there roles were..I think if you emit a good attitude you will get it back in spades. We also choose the resort to be able to do things in the area..speed boats, Chit-in-it-sa, X-plor, Coco-Bongos, Playa and so forth. We loved the excursions and really glad we did a few. And then theres the food...well everyones an individual, what we like and don't like would not reflect some one else so. Lots of variance in buffets..and we always, every single time were offered a coffee! The A La carts, we tried mostly all, some real hits for us, some not, but it was an experience to try them all. Enjoy doing the same and you will find your favorites and your not so favorites, like a high street not every place you go to will blow your socks off just go with an open mind. Overall we would certainly return, however so many places to see before we do! But this place is a great advertisement for other Palladium's so the team should be very proud of what they have accomplished and our thanks for making a holiday great! We miss it already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelPower, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan