This is a huge complex which includes 5 resorts. It took us a couple days to figure out which trail to use for the quickest way to where we where going to. The walk was nice however, I ditched my heels after the first night. Unfortunately, we had a day of heavy rain, and although one of the path is covered, we got soaked getting there from our room and getting in the lobby. Although the staff was trying to keep on top of it, the lobbies and sidewalks leading to the restaurants where extremely treacherous as the thatch roofs where leaking onto the beautiful marble floors.
The beach is beautiful with lots of chairs in either sun or shade and you shouldn't have to reserve your chairs (which is not permitted anyway). There are areas with reefs for snorkeling; our friends said that they have seen more here while snorkeling than they have seen elsewhere scuba diving.
All the restaurants and buffets where great. On a small note; the lobster was good but does not compare to our sweet lobster from the Maritimes and may not be worth the extra $.
Our room (block 50) was beautiful with a nice view on the woods and wildlife which is plenty there. Shower, linen, bed, AC, Cleanliness, etc. all perfect. I brought my own pillow.
The animation around the pool was lame and certainly not comparable to what we have experienced at the Iborostar in Cuba. All in all, we would not hesitate to return to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan