my husband and i travel twice a year to the caribean, so i pretty much know what the review readers want to know.we travelled from oct. 20th-27th. it took one hour and 10 minutes from the airport. there was nobody but us checking in, so it only took ten minutes. it was 2:00pm, and we were told to come back at 3:00. we just went to lunch, came back and the bellboy took us to our room. mayan suite villa 3404. i loved the way the room was layed out, with our entrance facing the beach. it was about a 200 ft. walk to reach the water . the beach infront of the kantenah suites is definately one of the top beaches i've seen. flat sand all the way out. beautiful water! and to top it off, there is a beach bar there too.
on the 2nd day, yes, we were approached by the travel club. we did accept the tour. we got to take boat around the resort, and see the different rooms. took about 2 hrs. including breakfast. the deals were not bad, just not for us, so we declined, and were given $49.00 off of each of our massages, and a bottle of tequilla to bring home.they were not pushy at all.
we ate at a different restaurant every night. never a wait. usually went around 6:30 or 7:00 pm. Bamboo was amazing! portafini was least favorite, but their baked alaska was to die for!
i like to have a cold drink at night, and every ice machine in the resort was broken! we started getting a bag of ice at the lobby before we went to our room every night. we were told to do this by one of the bellboys. i think it must be cheaper than fixing the machines. the refridgerators are not cold. they never are at a/i resorts.
this place is huge, but we took our time, and by the 2nd day, we were fine. everyone speaks really good english there, so no lanquage barriers. we went for a week of relaxation, and boy, did we get alot of rest. there was never a problem getting a beach chair. in fact, there were times when there was nobody else around. the spa is very nice, but the masage was not one of my better ones.
the resort is very clean. the buffet is great. really good choices for lunch. you have two right next to each other, for breakfast or lunch. i really enjoyed my week there. i would not go back, because i prefer a smaller resort. but iam glad we went.
pillows are very hard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan