Ive just got back from 2 weeks at the Colonial..firstly an amazing faciliity with plenty of bars, restaurants, pools and a lovely beach where we saw the turtles hatching.
The hotel is large allowing some great walks through the jungle and the mangroves and the scenery and wildlife are amazing including the crocodile reserves.
Like any holiday its what you make of it and although I had a fantastic time at this resort this was all to do with the facility and absolutely nothing to do with the staff excluding house keeping who were fantastic. This hotel could be truly outstanding if the staff and management actually appreciated what they had. This hotel could easily impress if only it had a level of service above a cheap bed and breakfast....
Check in - rude staff / receptionist could only be less helpful if they actually didnt speak..
Buffet breakfast is a great place to start the day. Myself and partner used to have a quiz everyday which summed up the staff ...will we be seated for breakfast?? somedays . otherdays no..staff to busy playing on their radios? Will we be offered tea or coffee within 15 minutes?? Will the 3 staff working a section just wipe their little tables and chat or actually help???
Bar staff - would occasionally acknowledge you however they are desperately understaffed so cannot be to blame ....
Great variety of "a la carte restaurants" , where if you were served by Walter in Ribs and Raymondo in Bamboo you would have a great night, however on our return visits the service was no better than poor.
The management ....the only staff who never acknowledge you around the resort unless trying to sell you a time share so no wonder their staff dont seem to care..
Such a pity the service is so poor as this hotel has so many pluses that would truly make an amazing resort. Would I go back ..really unsure, for the facilty yes but the service makes it a decision that would be made purely on price...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico