We stayed at the Palladium Dec 27 to Jan 3. Originally booked at the Colonial but were upgraded to a Jnr. Suite at the Riviera. Can't comment on Colonial accommodations, but given that the resort is really 4 in 1 - spent considerable time throughout all areas of the resort.
All the pools are great. Each has something to offer depending on your poolside needs. Some are better depending on your swimming ability, desire for solitude, desire for action and so on... So while some people will criticise and say that a pool was too noisy or too deep... it might be true... But just like Goldilocks... on this resort you'll find one that's just right.
Food: Overall, excellent! It would be interesting to count the number of different menue items to choose from in each of the buffets- so much to choose from. The morning buffet is outstanding, and the number of lunch buffets, as well as beach stand options make for an incredible number of dining options. Tasty, fresh and well cooked food.
Never ate at the buffet for dinner. Tried a different a la carte each night.
Italian, Brazilian, Mediterranean, Mexican, Japanese, Asian and Steak restaurants were all good.
Drinks: Whatever you want, (premium brands included) whenever you want. What more could you ask for?
Staff: Never once encountered anything but professional, pleasant and courteous service. My wife and I were blown away by the conscienciousness of the staff, from the animation team, servers, bartenders, cleaning crew, front desk... all good.
Soft sand, clear water... and diverse swimming options. Snorkeling at the end of the main beach is convenient and worthwhile.
The resort is very, very big! I suppose that is a consequence of attempting to have everything in one resort.... huge pools, nice restaurants, beach area, inviting lobbies and court yards and villa accommodations. What do you get rid of to make it smaller?
Oh yeah... the spa. Wow! Were so impressed we went to it twice at the end of a couple of pool side days. Steam rooms, saunas, jacuzzis, whirl pool... I miss it already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico