I returned here for my 2nd time and brought my kid. We all had an exelent time!
The food was ok... The buffet was good but you start to get tired of eating the same food everyday. I would say that out of all the resterants, the Japenese resturant was by far the best! we didnt enjoy the mexican resturant but only because we dont like mexican food. The ribs place and the Italian place were just ok. The service at all of these resterants is absolutly horrible! We had reservations at 6:30, and by the time we were done eating, it was about 9:00. you sit and wait for your food for ever!!!!
The nightly entertanment was nod as good as it used to be. if you have kids, they will love the children show, and if you very outgoing and dont mind being imbaressed in front of tons of people, then you will love the adult pre show. they had some dancing shows which we enjoyed, but many times we found the White sands side had better entertanment. We went to the disco 2 times. both times, it was completly empty! Activities around the pool are bad, they have some dancing lessons and games for the kids, thats about it! If you love the beach, you will find tons to do there. We rented Jet Skis... It is worth it! its only about 600 mexican (60) US, for 1 jet ski and 30 minuts. But, if you bring the men at the hut hamburgers and fries, they will give you an extra 10 minuts for free!! There was also Parasailing, this was a blast, and we also went scuba diving!
The bds were horrible, there was a weird plastic under the sheets so every morning you woke up drenched in sweat. The maid service was average. we left are maid 3 dollars every day. somtimes she was extra nice and made animals out of our towels. The TV is all in spanish exept for a few channels. The worse part, was that one of the days, we were awoken to pounding and drilling at 6 in the morning. they were replacing the doors on everyones room!
This was an exelent resort with a few very little irritations, however this will not keep you from having a good time. We would recoment this to anyone with kids of any age!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico