We came here for a wedding, 21 of us in total. The hotel grounds were kept clean and spotless. Beach was beautiful, except some rocks scattered under the water that we all stumbled on daily. The food was great and bartenders were fun. The place was huge and we were centrally located. Our AC worked flawlessly and the room was cool, the staff did not remove the key (needed to keep the AC running) which was nice. We were the only ones out of the group that had a smooth check-in experience.
1) Our room service never replaced the towels, or anything else for that matter (which wasn't a big deal because the storage room was left open so I got my own towels). The few (out of 10 days) times we did get room service, the towels were thrown on the counter.
2) Room was old, with what I can only hope was rust on the lamp, beds hard.
3) We had most meals finished before we even got offered water or anything (we once got our own and got a gleaming look from the server before he snatched it out of my sister’s hand)
4) For some reason it was impossible to seat us all together, regardless if it was 6 people or 21. We reserved a spot in the al a carte's two days prior, both times and we had two tables where there was room for one.
5) The front desk service is atrocious, to the point that I will never stay at a Palladium resort again. One day we can get a shuttle, the next you can’t, then you have to be a gold member to get it..... and it goes on. When we were checking out, we had to call three times to get someone there, each time being told they will be there in a "minute". 45 minutes later, we had to miss breakfast to make our flight.
6) During the wedding ceremony, we were rushed, the two pillars made it impossible to see the Bride and Groom from where our seats were placed.
Basically if you are not a Gold/ Travel Club member, you don’t mean anything to these people. Also, be careful when using the room irons, as one leaked and ruined a pair of pants, to which there was nothing they could do. Save yourself the trouble and book somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico