We stayed at the GP Colonial in Sept 2013. Overall, we felt the experience we had was good for the price we paid. We felt it wasn’t worth paying anymore since the resort is not a five start resort, even if it tries to portray itself as such.
-The best thing about this place is that you get access to everything, regardless of which section you are staying in.
-The resort itself is beautiful, with lots of wildlife.
-The bar staff/servers are very hard working and friendly.
-The entertainment staff will keep you entertained and are not very pushy. We had a lot of bad weather and were never bored.
-The free services at the spa are awesome and worth multiple visits.
-There are a lot of small pools with drink service and two huge swim up bars to keep you from getting bored.
-The beach is long and wide, with bars on/near the beach.
-The restaurant food was OK at best. The buffets had enough variety that we usually found something we liked. The food at the beach restaurant just plain sucked.
- The Wi-Fi in the lobby is very spotty. Go at non-peak hours to get decent signal strengths.
- The vendors that line up every night to sell their merchandise. It’s tacky and annoying. No five-star resort would ever do this.
- Groups travelling together, at the swim-up bars, would get quite unruly, splashing water into people’s drinks while sitting at the bar. The resort should do something about this. I understand having a good time, but there’s a difference between having a good time at the bar and being drunk, unruly, rude and splashing water over the bar.
In summary, we felt this resort was a fun experience and we made the best of our vacation. If we were to return, we would not pay more than what the rates are for the Colonial section. It’s not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico