We stayed at this hotel from 14th June until 28th June 2013 and prior to us going read some of the reviews on here taking into account the good and bad ones. What are some people talking about with the bad reviews they must have been staying at another resort.
The location was excellent right on the beach although the sand was not as good as in Dominican Republic it was safe and good. The sea was warm and although a few rocks they didn't cause any problems, there was plenty of beds to lie on and soak up the rays after a nice swim in the sea. You didn't have go out to far to see fish swimming all around you and when I saw fish the size of some of them would make any anglers day.
When you have had enough of the beach go to one of the many pools that due to the weather which was hot was like getting into a warm bath. There was plenty of beds also and this is where the entertainment team work hard to get people to join in there games.
When you have enough sun there was a number of places to go for a drink or something to eat and having been to a number of different countries on all inclusive the food was plentiful and varied and if you couldn't find anything to eat then there was something wrong with you.
The rooms were not the best in the world but the beds were good and firm and there was always plenty of hot water for a bath or shower and the mini fridges were stocked with water beer and fizzy pop. The air conditions was a welcome when you had come in hot and bothered from the sun.
Ok the drinks in the bars are not as strong as we get at home in England but do you want to be drunk every night or do you go on holiday to relax and try a new cocktail or two.
The ala carte restaurants were very good and the staff were freindly and welcoming and would always introduce themselves to you.
The only problem that we found were the other guests who continued to feed the wild life that lived with us at the resort even when there was signs asking them not to do so. They all came out for photo shoots and we even found some having a early morning swim in the sea.
All in all this resort is well worth visiting if you want to have a good holiday in the mexican sun and I would like to thank all the staff in the resort.
Because this resort was so good we are thinking of booking to go the Grand Palladium in either Jamaica or Dominican Republic next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico