Firstly, I would like to say that I am unsure whether some of these reviewers stayed I the same place as us! One person has written that the bar staff & waiting staff were miserable!?! To be quite honest they were so upbeat it was ridiculous!!! Anyway to the review......
We arrived at the resort to be upgraded for free to a suite, we didn't ask it was given complimentary & we were so lucky as it was one which was adjacent to the pool & beach. 3105 (Lots of greenery so no view however this doesn't fuss us)
Pool: Plenty of sunbeds, no one seems to rise until 10am - I am a sun worshiper so enjoyed the choice of beds around the pool!
SPA: if you have no kids, this is where you want to be - its so tranquil & gorgeous pool.
Beach: Lovely.. A little busy however not an issue, plenty of sunbeds & a lovely breeze to keep you cool in the hot temperatures.
Food: Brekkie - We ate at the buffet for breakfast every morning, so much selection & very fresh. Lunch - We ate at the buffet next to the pool bar, again fresh & lots of selection, beach bar was ok however food a bit rough.
Dinner - Buffet most nights, they cook meat & pasta fresh to order, lots of variation of food & theme nights each night. We ate at the following a la cartes -Chinese, nice. Steak place (next to the Mexican) gross. Mexican - not good, Italian, nice.
Drinks & Bars - All bars were good, we really liked Hemmingways, adult only.
Drinks were good in all bars.
Playa Del Carmen - We got the bus as recommended by a couple that we met (who randomly live 30 mins from me in the UK!) It is 35 pesos per person each way & a great shopping day for me! Beach was ok there & lots of bars/restaurants.
Summary: A lovely place to stay, I have been to quite a few AI resorts long haul & this is up there as one of my favourite 3. I would recommend to anyone & to reiterate what I said at the beginning... This is a 5 star review... Anything less than a 4 I would be questionning......
Go & Enjoy!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico