Stayed in January 2012. Resort is very large but they have frequent shuttles. Good for exploring, lots to see. The spa is a must!! It is excellent. Never had a problem finding shade at the beach or by the pool. The pools in January were too cold for swimming but the ocean was warm. The food, service and drinks were excellent. Rooms were comfortable. You will not see one idle person. All the staff work very hard and were very friendly.
If you walk out to the road you can take a white van called a collectivo in to Playa del Carmen very cheaply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico