Our 2nd trip to this resort and the 5th to a Palladium ( 3 times in Puerto Vallarta and 2 here).
Last time the Riviera, this time Colonial. As far as we can tell there are no places on the 5 section resort that are better than the other. It all depends on what you prefer to be close to (Beach, pool, lobby etc).
Same great service and food (although they REALLY need to keep the food hot because it seems to be cold almost always).
About 99% of the waiters and waitresses are super nice but we did come across 2 nasty ones this time (both females). One of which who actually gave me a problem twice because I wanted to sit in a certain section of the restaurant. Wife wanted a section close to the window and it was wide open both times. I should not be grilled why I would like to sit there.
Resort was spotless but we did see an empty listerine bottle (thrown there by some loser) for 2 days on the lawn which was strange for such a tidy resort. With so many workers running around it is hard to believe it was missed for 2 days.
Keep in mind that this is Mexico, so the rooms are good for Mexico. Don't expect first class New York rooms.
Air Transat was great in all aspects.
Bartenders were great. Drinks were always good.
Shows were awesome as usual. I give those guys so much credit.
They work SO HARD !
It was on the night of Saturday, March 9 that I saw the best performance I ave ever seen live.
In the portion of the COLORS show at 9 pm at the Colonial for Argentina they put on a drum show which is really good in itself but the main performer (which I knew his name) puts on a simply incredible percussuion show with these balls on the end of ropes. AMAZING ! ! !
The guy belongs in Las Vegas !
Best people there........all the waiters at the RIBS AND MORE and the all the Guest Services staff. Also, the guy who drives the pontoon boat tour really goes out of his way to make it a nice little tour. Nice guy
Can't say enough about the Palladium.
We will keep going back again and again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico