Recently got back from a two week stay at this hotel. The hotel is about 1 hr and half from the airport and after a long flight it was worth the time to get here. The hotel is set out in 80 per cent jungle with mangroves all around it has won awards for its green tourism. The hotel is very large which we were worried about but there is golf buggies which the bell boys will take you around in and sheltered walk way short cuts but it might be worth requesting a room near the lobby if you have problems walking etc.
The colonial lobby was the best on the whole resort lots going on with a band and show on every night . Miriam and Maria who served us drinks in the evening were brilliant. The colonial buffet was nice but there is a huge range of al a carte restaurants which were all brilliant and you can go as many times as you want.
Beach was fab so clean and the crystal blue water. Lots of entertainment was poolside.
The rooms were nice all set out on the jungle. We did have to ask twice for the room to be cleaned even though we had the please clean sign in the door which was a bit annoying.
We went in October so it was low mosquito season.
The hotel was beautiful lots going on. Perfect if you want a quiet holiday or if you want one with lots of activities. Would like to go again one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Palladium Hotel Group, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico