Had never been in this part of Mexico before, drove in at 10pm, office closed. We were a little apprehensive, a bit dark and unsure of safety. A person near the door, went and found the manager and within 5 mn we were checked in and concern for safety disappeared.
For the price and location these were great rooms. We stayed in hotel portion of complex, had a room on the second level. Previous reviews we had read, stated some issue with sewer/odors. We did not detect any problem with this at all. The room was VERY clean, maybe small for some people standards, but great for us.
The complex is located within 5 mn walking distance of the Akumal snorkeling, shopping, and restaurant area.
There is a superb snorkeling lagoon 5 mn walking the opposite direction, very resonabley priced and somewhat secluded. Snorkeling gear $9.00/day next door to hotel, bike rental at hotel $6.00/day.
We rented a car no problems with parking. You could use a bus or van from airport but would need to walk about 3/4 of a mile with bags or arrange for taxi to meet you on hwy 307.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Del Sol Beachfront Hotel rooms are in a tranquil setting on an out of the way beach. Each room includes daily maid service, air conditioning, free wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Del Sol Beachfront condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. We also have one, two and three bedroom condos available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Del Sol Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Del Sol Beachfront Hotel Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico