My husband and I rented a 2nd floor studio room for the week and couldn't believe what we got for the price. It had a small kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, hot plate, blender, toaster and service for 4. The bathroom had a sizable jacuzzi tub. There was quite a bit of storage space, a spacious deck, and ac, although we opted to keep the windows open to let in the breeze and listen to the ocean, which was mere feet away. The layout of the deck lends itself to complete privacy from neighboring rooms. Pelicans flew overhead daily. Turtles laid eggs on the beach nightly (we were there in July). It felt more like having our own little apartment than like staying in a hotel. Akumal is a wonderful, peaceful town. We walked along the beach every day and snorkeled with sea turtles at the public beach, about a mile from the hotel. Akumal is also central to several cenotes, where we cavern dove 5 out of the 6 full days we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Del Sol Beachfront hotel rooms are in a tranquil setting on a beautiful beach. Each room includes daily maid service, air conditioning, free wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Del Sol Beachfront condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. We also have one, two and three bedroom condos available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Del Sol Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Del Sol Beachfront Hotel Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico