The very very best thing about this hotel is the spectacular view! We were on the 3rd floor and had 2 hammocks hung on the balcony overlooking the turquoise water. Unbelievable! We picked this place specifically because it was RIGHT on the ocean. I mean if you had a 1st floor room/condo, you would literally walk right onto the beach. The second reason we picked this place was for the snorkeling. I read it was great. I would say it was pretty good, but wouldn't go so far as great. I'm talking right outside the hotel, though, not an excursion. We were disappointed we didn't see any turtles. We ate at the La Buena Vida restaurant next door and saw a turtle surface every now and then. If you want an extraordinary view while you eat Mexican food, this is the place. It even has swings to sit in. Otherwise, your table is literally on the sandy beach. Our very favorite restaurant was the Turtle Bay Cafe. This is "up" the road about 3/4 mile. If you want to take a taxi up the top of the road, they will charge 100 pesos! (Approx. $10) for the 3/4 mile trip. Transportation there is expensive! We took USA Transfer from the airport which we arranged before we left (but paid for there). It cost $145 round trip and was well worth it. Don't see how you could go cheaper. Once we were there we thought we'd take a taxi to Walmart in Playa Del Carmen (about 30 min away), but taxi was going to be 500 pesos round trip (around $50)! So we didn't go get food but ate at the Turtle Bay cafe 3 times. The grocery store at the top of the road was waaaaay expensive!! You'd do better eating out. We took a Collectivo to Tulum for 30 pesos a piece (one way). You have to walk up the the top of the hill and cross over the highway. The Collectivos come by all the time. Make sure you know which direction you want to head because when they pick you up, it will head down the highway in that direction only. The office people were pretty helpful but some don't speak English very well. Ask any questions ahead of time by calling or emailing Reservations. You will be directed to the reservations office in New Mexico and they are VERY helpful there. Also, I asked for a discount and they gave it to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Del Sol Beachfront hotel rooms are in a tranquil setting on a beautiful beach. Each room includes daily maid service, air conditioning, free wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Del Sol Beachfront condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. We also have one, two and three bedroom condos available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Del Sol Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Del Sol Beachfront Hotel Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico