This is a very difficult location to rate. Some of it was EXCELLENT, however some of it needs to be improved. Would I stay here again...you bet!! Yet I felt I should report both the good and the bad. Hopefully the management will take notice and make some improvements?
The GOOD: the views are awesome; the overall cleaniness of our studio condo; the location;
The "BAD": the towels and linen, the broken appliances, the wi-fi, no english speaking staff.
You can not ask for a nicer more laid back place to spend a week here like we recently did. We rented a second floor studio condo which was big, clean and nicely decorated. (Yes there were a lot of ants in our unit, so keep your food covered). The deck is HUGE!!! The views are perfect!!! The floor to ceiling window in the shower was spectacular. We tipped the cleaning staff VERY WELL and were a little dissappointed they didn't do anything "extra" for us? In the four other Mexican hotels we stayed in during this holiday, their staff always did something extra special for us upon receiving a nice tip (flowers, chocolates, a card, towel animals, etc.)
The televison was small and only worked on a couple of channels? When making toast, one had to hold the lever down the enter time or the toaster won't work. The wi-fi would not (usually) work in our room. We had to take our iphones outside and sit next to the main office (like most other guests) to send messages back home. (All the above mentioned issues were very minor inconviences and almost not worth mentioning).
However the following two issues warrant some attention and I have attached photos to validate my concerns. When we turned back our bedding the first night, there were numerous dried blood spots on the sheets (see photo). We approached the staff on this, but the lack of english spoken created a problem with them understanding our concern. They eventually sent someone up to change our sheets. However, the new sheets still had a "quarter-sized" blood stain on it? (see photo). We ended up rearranging this sheet so this stain was located down by our feet instead of up by our heads. The other concern we want to mention, and one that I've seen posted here previously, were the thread-bare towels. These towels were years past their lifespan and were all torn and tattered. Again, we attached a photo of this. Of all the 4 resorts we stayed in during this Mexican holiday, this one was the most expensive, yet was the only one where we had any concerns?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Del Sol Beachfront hotel rooms are in a tranquil setting on a beautiful beach. Clean and economical. Each room includes a queen size bed, daily maid service, air conditioning, free wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Del Sol Beachfront condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. We also have one, two and three bedroom condos available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Del Sol Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Del Sol Beachfront Hotel Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico