All reviewshalf moon bayyal ku lagoonbuena vidabedroom condocoffee makerdaily maid servicedive shopla buenathree bedroompurified watersmall refrigeratorminute walksound of the wavesfull kitchenqueen bedfishakumal beach
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is great - and even comes with daily maid service (i'm talking doing dishes and everything!). Akumal is really nice, but I found it helpful to have a car to get around to other places. Check out Akumal Pueblo on the other side of the highway, where thay have a tortilleria, a better grocery store than in Akumal, and on some days a good fruit stand.

1  Thank Harry_in_Davis
Reviewed December 30, 2012

As a family of 6 this was a super spot for four nights. The staff were all so helpful and any problem encountered was quickly resolved. we loved condo C!! Walking distance to town where you can snorkel.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was very disappointed with this condo (#2). very poorly maintained. There was ants everywhere and fixtures were falling off the wall. There was a terrible smell when we arrived that did disappear. I don't understand how the glowing reviews of this place. We really like Half Moon Bay but there are much better places to stay. We have stayed in Iguana and Bahia and they were wonderful and cost much less than Vista Del Mar. It is true the view was nice but there are many many condos on this beach which would be worth going to instead of Vista Del Mar.

1  Thank amyAtlantaGA
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and 1yr old stayed in the Vista del Mar a couple of nights December 19-21. First of all, I have to say that the condo was much nicer than the pictures depicted. We had a two bedroom unit on the first floor and it was huge. I felt very at home in this condo and it had everything we could possibly need. The beach was right off the patio and I saw a few people walk by on the beach occasionally, but that was it. It was otherwise very quiet in this location and I felt like we had the beach to ourselves. After staying in Cancun a few nights...this was a very welcome change from the loud, noisy hotels in the hotel zone and it also beats being on a crowded beach with loud music constantly playing. It was extremely relaxing and tranquil. I wish we could have spent the entire week here....we'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Des949
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed in room 104 for 3 nights last week. From our patio, we were steps from the water. The snorkeling was great. There is a tiny Mini Super attached to the property if you need snacks or beer. They were very expensive. I'd recommend a stop in Playa Del Carmen before you head south to Akumal for such purchases. There was a nice little already cold refrigerator and a fast coffee pot in the room. We took our own coffee down in the luggage.

Room Tip: If you want to walk out to the beach book a first floor room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple