“A decent supermarket”

El Pueblito Minisuper
Ranked #3 of 4 Shopping in Akumal
Reviewed August 19, 2014

El Pueblito is clean and has a reasonable variety of products. Frankly, there are no fabulous supermarkets in Akumal, which is fine with me! I'm really not interested in the presence of any kind of fully-stocked megastore. I like the fact that Akumal is still small (though it's certainly not as quiet as it used to be). El Pueblito has a bit of almost everything, and enough to enable you to get by. I stay in a small hotel that has a fridge and coffee maker in each room, and I always have breakfast in my room. On occasion, I also have dinner or a late-night snack in the room. I was certainly able to buy what I needed to comfortably get through the recent week that I spent in Akumal.

5  Thank AssikoGal

Reviewed July 24, 2014

$200 pesos for a 12 ounce can of coke. The prices in this store and the one across the street are crazy. I live in town and will never shop here or the market across the street. We need an OXXO to give some competition to these guys and the guys across the street.

7  Thank Enviroguy101958
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We found some great souvenirs there as well as coffee, honey and vanilla that we wanted to take home. When we left, we accidentally left our wallet on the counter and they came out immediately to find us and return it. That was AWESOME!!!

6  Thank Dale B
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This minisuper has everything you need to have a nice day at the beach,from batteries to snorkeling gear,fruit chips you name it ,they have it.

4  Thank ludyjavi
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Good selection, friendly staff, a little on the pricey side, but still a pleasure to peruse around! I bought a simply excellent bottle of tequila there in December 2012 and went back for it this past trip but they didn't have it.

3  Thank Dogmother2002