Our first trip to Mexico. The resort was 2 hours away from Cancun airport, and after being there we are glad it was. I appreciated that it was in natural surroundings...ocean, resort, jungle. We were close to the excursions we wanted to do, and loved how you knew you were in Mexico (as opposed to a hotel in Cancun; which we also stayed at) The staff were friendly and fun, they were in uniforms to help create the atmosphere, safari clothes, mexican uniforms for housekeeping, I like feeling we were "away" The food at the buffet was more than enough, and we were pleasantly impressed as we had no idea what to expect. The a-la-cartes we experienced were a nice, but not necessary, we only used 2 of our 4 as the buffet was convienent.
The beach was beautiful and very well maintained. The resort worked very hard at getting the resort back to an "untouched" look and feel each morning you woke up.
I appreicated the assistance from all the Guest Services and the overall friendly feel. I also appreicated the sense of pride I saw and felt from all the staff everyday.
I can see now why people would return yearly to the same resort. I've always wondered why you wouldn't explore and experience more, but when it's that good it's hard to take a chance anywhere else. We stayed 2 days and one night in RIU Cancun our last days and it was night and day. In Cancun I could have been anywhere in the world at a hotel, at Gran Bahia I knew I was on a Mexican Vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe