Second time for us in GBP Akumal and that is our oppinion:
The resort is MASSIVE., in 2004 at our 1st visit Coba didn't exist... This time stayed in villa 47 (4711) in a Jr. Suite with ocean room, this is the best villa to stay because is on the beach and 1 minute walk to pool and lobby...
But all the grounds are immaculate and absolutely stunning.
It really is a tropical paradise.
Everywhere you look someone is maintaining the grounds or cleaning or coming around and picking up cups on the beach.
I was super impressed with how clean it was. And considering the number of smokers on the resort you rarely find a cigarette butt anywhere.
There are "bus stops" all throughout the resort, for those you're distante from the beach and want to go to Tulum or Hacienda.
There are several "a la carte"restaurants on the resort.
There is also the main buffet on the Akumal side and the main buffet on the Tulum Side. Guests on the Akumal side of the resort can eat at the Tulum buffet, but Akumal is far best... trust me!
Now I know people had tons of bad things to say about the food but it is not bad at all. There is no shortage of food anywhere throughout the resort.
You are bound to find something you like. If you go hungry at this place then there's a problem with you.
The food itself ranged from good to quite tasty. The a la cartes were easy to book. I booked the Italian, Mexican and Sea Food... all were 5 stars!
Advise: Book your a la cartes as soon as you arrive!
The rooms are not identical regardless of which section you stay in. 90% of the Akumal is Jr. suites and 10% standarts rooms.
Both are just fine, the jr. suites have most space and jacuzzi in the tub and 2 robes. safe is 50 pesos a night, i advise you to rent it... just in case... i did it...
There are palapas set up everywhere to provide shade from the sun. There is one 24h buffet style snack bar that serve things like chicken, sandwich meats, pasta, veggies, fruits, etc. Not bad at all!
And the animation team is always conducting exercises or salsa lessons on the beach. Tons of fun!
Again, there's always someone coming by to pick up empty cups so the beach is never dirty.
Don't forget thais is white sand beach, but with a lot of rocks rock... ok? Not like Punta Cana style...
The disco was kind of lame but it all depends on what you make it. We had fun!
You can shop at the Hacienda, but prices are way to high because of the lack of guests...
This time i went to Coba ruins and i recommend it...
This is an AMAZING resort!
I loved every minute of it from start to finish. In a heartbeat I would recommend this place to anyone. If you have anything bad to say about this place, like I said, you cannot be pleased at all.
It's so totally worth it!
So, go, go, go... what're you waiting for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe