My husband an myself have just came back from the Grand Bahia Principe Akumal stayed for 14 night,
After reading other comments I was ready for some problems but did not have one, The staff was very friendly from the booking in to the checking out, we stayed in the Gold section of the hotel but other than getting a 4th alacart and a Gold lobby to check in at its not worth the upgrade as the rest of the facilities at the hotel are fantastic.
The rooms are very clean an comfortable, we asked for a sea view but did not get that but it did not matter as the complex is beautiful.
My advice to anyone going to this complex is that make use of all the hotels an facilities on the site try all the buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner you will never get bored.
All the alacarts are great the best ones we found were the Don Pablo (in the Coba) and the Le Gournmet in the Coba) men have to wear long trouser to these one but it’s well worth it.
The beach is as some people say its not the best but they have made it as nice as can be, there are plenty of sun loungers and lots of shade if needed everywhere on the complex.
We was very sad to be coming home and will look forward to another holiday here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BP Travel USA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe