Me and my husband stayed here for a week at the beginning of March, after a tour round the Yucatan area. We had upgraded to the golden rooms and when we arrived we were allocated a room in the 59 block, I requested an ocean front room but was told we had a really good sea view and if not happy to return the next day. The room was very large, four poster bed and sitting area, and yes a sea view but not overlooking the beach. When we slept in the bed that night we realised it had a dip in the middle, we ended up rolling into the centre of it on numerous occasions throughout the night. We went to see Ricardo, in the golden reception area, who then arranged for us to be moved the next day, to block 66, it's right on the beach and had a fantastic view, so thank you Ricardo.
Not much more can be said after all the other excellent reviews, but one thing we did notice is that not many people walk around the complex, we think this is a big mistake (if your able to obviously), there is so much wildlife and birds to see that are missed if travelling on the carts.
The complex is huge, but we were so happy that we booked the Akumal section as it was a lot quieter than the other beach front hotel, Tulum.
If we every returned to Mexico, as there are so many places we still haven't been to, we would certainly return here and definitely recommend GBP Akumal to anyone thinking of staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe