The whole hotel from restaurants, pools, grounds and rooms are all spotlessly clean. The staff work so hard and are very friendly.
The room was spotlessly clean, a decent size and had the biggest and most comfortable bed I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. Never slept so well!!
We stayed in block 75 which was halfway between Akumal and Coba lobbies. This suited us as we like to walk about and personally think that Coba(and Tulum) had much better buffets that Akumal. The choice was always very good and food pretty tasty for a buffet. Very impressed.
Of the al a cartes we went to Mikado, Arlequin, Don Pablo (highly recommended. Ask for the show table at mikado) one of the fish restaurants(ok) and the Brazilian and Mexican (awful, buffet much better.) Make sure you book your a la cartes as soon as you arrive or even better before you go as they soon fill up.
The pools are plentiful, with some for kids, games and louder ones and others for chilling at.
The beach is not great. Gets crowded and rocky in places.
Our only real negatives would be;
having to pay £36 for a safe key. Disgusting!
the bar and restaurant staff can be a little slow
and the biggest problem which is not the hotels fault is tourists. Rude Europeans who don't know how to queue, say please or thank you and don't seem to realise the tongs in the restaurant are for picking up food and putting it on your plate. Don't use your hands! Then you have the load and annoying American/Canadians who seem to think everyone wants to hear their conversation. Then there was the group of English/Canadians shouting and singing football songs and drinking like mad. By 13:00 watching them in disbelieve one starts puking up in the pool, slowly drags himself out and continues to 'feed' the plants around the pool for the next ten minutes whilst his mates(woman included) laugh about it and carry on drinking. Classy!! I guess it could be argued that the bar staff should notice when people are completely hammered and stop serving them. Personally I wouldn't blame the hotel.
Anyways rant over great hotel highly recommended.
Also please don't pay silly money for a taxi. Walk to the main road and get a collective. It's so cheap. We used it to go to playa del Carmen twice(day and night), xcaret, xel ha, xplor, Tulum, and Akumal 3 times. We spoke to other couples who had spent $100+ for trips to playa and Akumal. We spent about $15
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe