i have just returned from a 2 week stay at the grand babhia principe akumel with my boyfriend and my family we had great time we tried the buffet in every hotel all had plenty to choose from you could always find something to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we ate in the japenese restaurant twice first time we had the show table it was amazing to watch so if your going to book here ask for the show table,
brazillian - we wasnt to fond of the brazillian the starter was nice than the main meal
la gourmet - this was nice if its your kinda thing i wasnt to keen on it
mediteranian - there was not much to choose from on here although it was ok
mexican - i didnt think i would like it here but it was ok
there is a 24 hour snack bar by the activity pool were you can get snacks of a night made fresh and they put it out as a buffet of a day.there are racoons and coates around the snack bar wanting to be fed but they are so gentle dont be worried of feeding them.
The pool area is kept very clean there is never ever rubbish around the water is clean and the bar staff are happy to help and will do anything for you.
The reception area is kept clean and pretty big you can get wifi in there but thats the only place its free it cost a fortune if you use it elsewhere. they have photographers going round the pool of a day with different animals to take pictures i had mine taken with a monkey, lizard, toucan.
the animation team are great always seemed happy n love to dance the bar staff will do anything you can get named drinks if you ask for them if you dont ask you will just get the local stuff. me and boyfriend swam with the dolphins and had a fab time they such amazing animals. the beach was kept clean as was the clear blue sea we went to the tulum ruins and then there beach and we had a fab day n the beach there was fantastic we also went to playa del carman shopping there are plenty of bars n shops to go in there but my advice is get the shuttle bus as the taxi will charge you ridiculous prices. the are little trains that will take you from place to place such as hacienda and the other 2 hotels. hacienda is good there is a disco down there everyone goes down there after the show finishes in the hotel and your drinks are still free. the bedrooms are kept clean we had a juniour suite and we had a king size four post bed, lg tv, mini bar, couch and double bed and a jacuzzi in the bath so overall we had a great time and im hoping to return next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe