We returned from the Akumal last Sunday. As you can see we have been there 10 times over the years. Yes we have tried others, but still come back the the Akumal. We have always stayed in The Club Gold Section and a very special thank you to Guillermo Carrasco @ Club Golden for getting us into block 66 it was great to see you again this year hopefully you will still be in that position next year, your personality is awesome for customer service. Thank you, Vanessa in public relations for booking our restaurants before arriving again this year. Louis @ the beach hut bar and the 24 hour bar you always make us smile and to see you again this year was great, keep up the good work my friend. To our housekeeping staff many many thanks, for a great job and the towel art, we realize it is the most thankless job to a lot of people, however, if our room was not clean, we would be worried about the rest of the resort. Which we are not.
The resort is quite large, but the transportation system is easy to get to know. We tended to stay on the beach in front of our block of rooms, as it was a little quieter than further down towards Tulum section. There is lots of places to eat within the complex, if someone can not find anything they are just to picky in our opinion. Please try to remember that the buffets feed hundreds of people per day, all with different tastes, we think that the resort does a amazing job with this.
We are very happy that we decided to return to the Akumal this year, as we had a massive emergency medical issue on Mar 6, in turn from the bottom of our hearts we would like to thank Dr. Cynthia Paloma Garcia, and her paramedics Mr. Abraham Zimon Sanchez and Mr. Jose Cardenas Guevara for saving my husbands life. It sure helps when you know the resort inside out like we do and the fast thinking of the resort staff (the lady who answered my call from the room that night) it only took the Dr. and ambulance 5 min to get from the Hacienda to our room, and let me tell you it is a maze of road ways through out the complex.
Will we return next year? You bet, the value, service, and customer service within this resort keeps us coming back year after year. GREAT JOB EVERY ONE
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe