We went as a family of 6 adults and a 2 year old. We returned a week ago and because we value opinions on the forum, we wanted to share our experiences..
Check in..Golden club with Transat Vacations..was easy, though I had requested a room be available for the little one to sleep they could not do this. But did get us in as soon as possible.
we were blessed to be given section 65 which is right on the beach..how we scored that, luck from what i hear.
Rooms, large, very clean, balcony overlooking hammocks, jetted tub half glass shower, which caused alot of water on the floor ..which in turn made it a little slippery..Slept with air on but when in room during the day, we loved leaving the patio door open for the breeze..great sound..
beds hard like everyone says, but topper made it better.
Beach..wonderful. We found the golden club area to be much quieter, only 3 rowes deep of palapas vs many more further down..loved the little bar there where we could get cocconut milk..
not as rocky as i had heard, but this little lagoon area was so nice and secluded..going into the water on the right you didnt need water shoes..
we also snorkelled at the lagoon past this section to the right where it was pretty good..not a far walk but a rocky walk.
Ala Cartes..wonderfull. we had emailed ahead and booked our 4 with Vanessa...best was Don Pablo, though it took more time to enjoy the little one did get tired of waiting..best Spanish coffee..great show wih it. Mikado was second favorite and filling..show table best part of restaurant. Had a supper at Italian and the buffet was really nice..meal was pretty good. Finally, Grand Tortuga, meat lovers..just ok.
Staff. Fantastic and accomodating and friendly.
Excursions..we took a cab to Yal Ku lagoon about 15 mins from hotel..had been here 12 years ago when it was pristine and non touristy, just a little shack with a man collecting a dollar..now its 12 US dollars, many people and still amazing. I liked the fact you could rent masks and snorkels for 5US for the day..though we always travel with ours.
Tram/train..great way to travel though it appears a bigger resort then it actually was. the farther rooms from the beach truley were only a 8 min walk and Coba was a good 15 min to their pools.
Our grandson loved going on the train and wanted to ride it as many times as possible..great entertainment for him.
Overall, fantastic holiday.. loved the large resort as we love being able to ramble around..loved visitng all the different bars/restaurants and entertainments at night..
If I could change something it would be a recommendation box at lobby for client suggestions..such as we always had to ask at the lobbys which level to get the trolly to Coba or Tullum..my daughter suggested they put signs on the pillars on each level to stop the confussion, which there alwasy was..
Highly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe