We were there in Jan 2011, just my husband and I, then we went back with our children and my husbands parents (Their first trip to Mexico)
It was exactly as I remembered. Met every expectation the 2nd visit. We got to experience another side to the resort- the Kids club and from my inlaws perspective. Kids clud was great- on really hot days the kis could go to an airconditioned play room and it would allow the adults some free time. The kids show in the evening was always so much fun for them to be a part of and for us to watch. The evening shows were always family friendly and the kids enjoyed the entertainment just as much as us and my in-laws.
My in-laws were extemely impressed. Far beyond exceeded their expectations of a vacation to mexico. Food, rooms, beach, pools, and just the overall experience. They were very impressed with the quick and constant trollies to get around, which was a necessity (after a recent hip surgery).
Once again, I say you can not go wrong with this resort. 2nd visit proved to me it wasn't a fluke to get such a good 1st visit- this is a 5+ start resort in all aspects. The only thing some may not like is the 2 hour ride from the airport, but as I said in my 1st review you are now closer to many of the excursions, playa del carmen, and have a private beach, with no peddlars, lots of space and chairs, and calm waters provided by wave breaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe