We have just returned from a two week stay at the GBP Akumal and can honestly say it was the most amazing holiday ever. The complex is spotlessly clean and really beautiful. The staff are all wonderfully polite and cannot do enough for you, from the maids and cleaners to the bar staff and entertainment guys (Diego and Pedro, you guys rock!) Our room was lovely, we were in Villa 53 which was great. Close enough to the pool and restaurant etc. Our maid, Pedro was great. The towel art he produced for us each day was amazing.
The grounds of GBP are truly beautiful. This place is so big and yet it is kept in tip top shape. I loved seeing the wildlife running around, the Coaties are fun to watch as they eat the fallen coconuts.
Our first morning we walked early to the beach and the view was just breathtaking. Crystal clear waters and fish swimming around. It was great having the choice of either being around one of the pools, or being on the beach. We liked the activity pool as we liked the music and fun games that the team organised during the day. However, if you liked the quieter life, the other pools are peaceful. Getting around the resort is easy, you just get on a cart which takes you to the other lobby’s at Coba or Tulum or to the restaurants for your A La Carte’s. We found these to be first class. Arlequins was great. Both the food and service was great. We also went to the Brazilian where you have as much meat as you can eat!..(Gran Tortuga) Dolce Vita was good (Italian) Don Pablo (food ok but we found the service to be bad here..on the night we went, people actually walked out, but maybe they were just having a bad night) but on the whole, the food was really good.
The buffet dining was good, always plenty to choose from at every meal and all wonderfully presented. Again, the staff were all lovely and very friendly.
The evening entertainment was good. We enjoyed the Michael Jackson show and other shows at the show bar and Fernando was always on hand to fill our glasses with a cheeky smile.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this resort to anyone and would love to go back and I don’t normally go back to the same place, but I would definitely make an exception here. My son and I had an absolutely amazing holiday and would like to thank all staff at the resort for making our stay such an enjoyable one. We hope to see you all again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe