I stayed at this resort for 2 weeks at the end of Nov & had a great time. I emailed any requests I had in advance & Vanessa quickly replied, accommodating all of our needs - a big thank you to her.
All the other reviews have covered most of the points about location & friendly staff etc, however I would like to mention the 'unsung heroes' such as the gardeners who go unnoticed yet do an amazing job.
The previledge club did not bother me at all, as I know previous guests did mention them being a problem, but I certainly didn't have any issues. There is free wifi for everyone in the lobby which was great (if a little slow). The bar area provides tea/coffee & nibbles, even when the bar is closed, so you can grab a coffee & take it into the lobby while on the net. Also I never felt pressured into giving tips, all staff treated me well, regardless of whether I had tipped them or not.
There are just a few negatives, which for me personally, didn't really impact on the enjoyment of my holiday however I know future guests like to know:
A. The rooms are a little tired, but who goes on holiday to spend much time in their room anyway?
B. At breakfast it can take a little time to get a coffee/tea however the staff were always busy, so they weren't deliberatly ignoring guests.
C. On the rare occasion at the buffet you may get something that is cold, but like I say, it is very rare this happened. I think it happened to me once & twice to my husband.
D. Finally, & probably the most disappointing of my negatives, was the Tequila Restaurant. I had shrimp fettuccine which only had 2 shrimps in it & was very bland. All the other a la cartes where very good, so don't be put off.
I found the food in the buffet good, especially the healthy eating section. Sadly I did notice numerous guests using their hands rather than the tongs provided, however this is not the hotels fault, just the unhygienic practices of other holiday makers!
All in all this was a great holiday & I would definitely return. The positives FAR outway those minor negatives. I think this hotel offers terrific value for money & I wish I was back there now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe