Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal
$517
$504
Bookit.com
Grand Bahia Principe Coba(Akumal)(Great Value!)
$285
$312
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
$149
$141
Orbitz.com
$389
Orbitz.com
Hotel Que Onda(Akumal)(Great Value!)
$59
Agoda.com
10,505 results
All reviewssnack bardolce vitainfinity poola la carte restaurantsfishdon pablofrutos del marakumal buffetother resortsbutler serviceakumal sectiontulum ruinsmain lobbyshow tableactivities pooladults only sectioncancun airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here from 14th Sept till 29th 2012' read some reviews which had me a little worried, but no need great hotel and staff. Got upgraded when we got there drinks on arrival,room had everything bathrobes, slipper, iron and board,fridge stocked with soft drink, beers 2 bottles of water,crisp and small bars of chocolate everything you needed in bathroom shower gel,shampoo, etc. wish we had of know we could of booked Ala Carte restaurants before we had of arrived but will do next time, ones we used anyway we great. But buffet restaurants were great anyway used Tulum and Corba all had something different. But still people moaned don't know what some folk want. Would go back again and recommend this.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Moanyjoanie
subdirectorbpaku, Public Relations Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Sir Or Madame:

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback about your holidays with us. It is a pleasure to know that you are so enchanted with the service and installations of our resort.

Also let me thank you for consider us for your next vacations , We are very excited to know that you will be back and of course I am very sure that this will be another unforgettable experience for you.

Please contact us to: subdirectorbpaku@bahia-principe.com and we will post all your request in our system and can arrange your dinners in advance.

Receive my best regards and Have a nice Day,

Coordinadora de redes Sociales

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have just returned from a two week holiday here and travelled with my husband and 9 year old son. We can honestly say we have no complaints at all. Everything was perfect. Our room was clean and spacious with a beautiful sea view and the cleaner made fantastic towel art everyday. Our mini bar was replenished daily too. The Restaurants are amazing, especially Mikado (request a show table) and Don Pablo. The buffets are very good too with plenty of choice every day. The pools and beach are lovely and kept extremely clean.
All the staff are so friendly and work extremely hard each day, especially The Animation Team. These guys are great! They work so hard to make sure your having a good time. We were encouraged to take part in the pool games and activities most days but never pressured. In fact, I found myself looking forward to the water polo and volleyball games. A big Thank you to Pedro, he is brilliant at his job and a credit to the hotel. Elizabeth is great too and is so much fun to be around. My Son loved spending time with her.
We can’t wait to return to this hotel, and I have already looked at availability for next year.
Thank you Gran Bahia Principe for an amazing holiday!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Leanne M

Dear Ms. Leanne:

It is an honor t read so inspiring review from your holidays with us, in the name of the entire hotel let me thank you to for all the kind Words sent to the staff, we definitely pass this wonderful feedback because this are the best motivations for them to keep in the good job!

We will be waiting you for the next year and do not forget to contact us before your arrival in order to post your requests and arrange your dinners. Be assured that you will have a better service as the repetitive guest that you would be, I am really sure that you will love it even more.
Once again thank you so much for all your positive comments!

Have a nice day and receive my best regards from your house at the Mexican Caribbean!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed at Akumal mid Sept 2012 & what a fantastic hotel/resort this is, by far the best I have stayed at. Weclome drinks on arrival, treated liked royalty & we hadn't even checked in yet. We emailed the hotel our Ala Carte resevations beforehand and all were booked in and we had the show table at the Mikadi, what an experience not to be missed. Frutos Del Mar was also very good & unfortunaltey as we were there for only a week we didnt book Don Pablo one which we very much regret but the rest were great.

Getting a bed by the pool was easy as and we were walking by at 7.30am & getting one, we went to all 3 hotels & had no issues with beds. Akumal & Tulum were our favourite breakfast haunts, especially Tulum where they make the best omlettes & are served with a lovely smile.
If you want enetertainment by the pools you have got it but if you want quiet time you have that too, you simply cannot go wrong. The beach is good and you can walk for miles very nice and romantic. Went on 2 trips Fat Cat Catamarans & Coco Bongos, Fat Cat again a must go on trip 4 hours out to sea with as much rum punhc, corona as you can drink, snorkling with the fish, diving into the sea & nappy boys! Special thanks to Terry Terry our guide who was fantadtic real nice Canadian chap. Coco Bongos well what can I say go VIP & you wont be disappointed, drinks being bought to you all night but the show alone is worth the entrance money, unique, great atmoshphere & you won't experience a night like it, cant speak highly enough of the place & its for all ages. A trip to Playa Da Carmen is also a must take the collectivo bus for $3.50 return, air conditioned mini bus, drops you off right by 5th Avenue, try the Barrel bar & Senor Frogs plus grab yourselves some bargains in the shops and barter as the locals like a good barter and laugh with the foreigners. Lovely country and people.
The staff were always polite, friendly and accommodating, special thanks to Vanessa for arranging our rooms & Ala Carte restaurant bookings, Gabriella for arranging a surprise birthday cake for my wife & bottle of champagne & Elmer the bar tender who was brilliant & didnt let me finish a drink before a new one was there.

I cannot speak highly enough of this holiday, all the staff at the hotel, the rooms, surroundings, pools, restaurants etc dont be put off by other reviews as I'd like to know where they had stayed before if they are giving this a poor review you never went hungry or thirsty, plenty of branded drinks, branded soft drinks, fruit, salads etc. in fact I wish I was still there as I have come back to rain and very cold temperatures here in England.
Hoping to book to come back again in either next year or year after for some more chili tequilla, & some Oi Oi Oi

Room Tip: Book Ala Cartes befoe you go & also ask for mattress toppers & sea view, suites 65-69 have these, top floors are best. PLus they are close to the 'White Chairs' 24 hour food and drink bar, pizza me up!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Im_no_Crazy_Canadian

Dear Sir or Madame:

Let me thank for such as amazing review and your inspiring Word to Our Hotel and staff, I really appreciate that you are taking this time to write us about your last stay with us. For great words like yours is that our personal find the motivation to keep in the good word! Thank you so much!

We hope you can come back soon and you will have a better service as the repetitive guest that you would be, I am really sure that you will love it even more. So please let us know when will you be here again and we will have a very nice room for your family.

Once again thank you so much for all your positive comments shared!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent two weeks of vacation in this hotel from 14/09 till 28/09/2012
After staying in other hotels in Mexico and all over the world,this is by far the best hotel we ever had.
Everything in the hotel is very clean,rooms are very nice,everybody is very friendly and helpfull.
The animation team is super,they make a great show every night and animation during the day but they push nobody.This team is very proffesional.
The food in all of the buffets and in the a la carte restaurants is delicious,we had eight a la carte dinners and they where all outstanding!!
I recommend this hotel to everybody
We will be back next year,cannot wait!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Tony C
subdirectorbpaku, Public Relations Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Mr. Tony:

Thank you so much for your wonderful words which are very taken in care because our guest are the best supervisor that we can have. It is a pleasure to know that you were so enchanted with all the work of our staff and you really appreciated the effort that they make.

Our most important purpose is to satisfy our entire guest and fulfill their expectations, and it is a pleasure to know that we meet the goal with you and your family.

We know you will be here the next year, so please do not forget to contact us before your arrival to have ready the amenities for being repetitive guest, which are the most valuable that we can have for their loyalty.

Receive my warmest regards from your house at the Mexican Caribbean!

Silvia Pita Utrera
Coordinador de Redes Sociales
Gran Bahía Príncipe Akumal

Reviewed October 3, 2012

After spending our first holiday in Mexico at the hotel, we can only said it is BRILLIANT! So much so that we are already organizing to celebrate our wedding there next year.
We have a toddler (almost two years old) and before booking the holidays we were a bit nervous how the little one would do in his first holidays at the beach, and all I can say is that we´ve felt so supported and safe in the hotel that we highly recommend it to all families with children, it is just fantastic! Everything is clean and well organised, there are many activities for children, and we really felt it was a dream holiday! I could read under the palapa at the beach, while the little one was playing in the sand and my future wife was sunbathing on the beautiful beach.
The food is fabulous and the choice of restaurants, bars, snack bars is simply great. The room was fantastic and we even had a view of the ocean!
On a different note, we would like to say the staff working on the hotel could not be better: everyone is polite, friendly and helpful and they really make your holidays worth!
We can´t wait to come back next year with our families to have another great time!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sven P

Dear Sir or Madame:

We are very glad to know that you had such as amazing time with us during your last Holidays at the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!

Thank you for taking the time to write some valuable comments about your stay with us and congratulations to the personal, we are much honored to pass your inspiring word. Also We are more than pleased for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion with us, as it is your wedding, I am very sure that this will even more unforgettable.

Please write us a little message before your next visit to: subdirectorbpaku@bahia-principe.com and we will do all our best to accommodate your wishes.

Receive my cordial greetings and have a great weekend!