Maybe is not the best hotel in the world but overall in my opinion is just excellent. If you are looking for luxury this hotel is not for you, is very popular and all year round busy and there is only one reason for this: it is a good and really nice hotel! If you are on all inclusive is excellent for value as well. Rooms are clean and tidy (if in the room there is a musty smell is cause the humid climate that affect all Mexico) , the variety of the food at the buffet is wide and some à la carte restaurant are really good. Beaches and pools are clean (get used to wake up at the sunrise if you want find a lounger, you can't do it, it's not that bad; sunrise at the beach is breathtaking, make some pictures) and the staff (most Mexican) is really friendly, they work really hard and if sometimes they look tired or rude is only because they are under pressure all the time (and yes most of them maybe don't speech a perfect english or they don't speech it at all because they are Mexican and they speech spanish, not all of us are born english speaker, sometimes we should do an effort and try to speech and understand their languages for once). One thing: don't expect more than what you paid! If you want that touch of class or style pay more and go in another place!
The entire resort of Gran Bahia Principe at Play del Carmen is huge. You have to get about from a lobby to another by little shuttle, usually you don't wait for them more than 10 minutes (if sometimes the "pilot" drive them like a crazy drunk don't worry, they're still locos Mexicans) . If you are not too lazy and fancy walk you'll 100% bump into lots of animals from the surrounding jungle. All the lobby are structured in the same way to make guests' life easy. In each lobby you can find: free Wi-Fi , reception, public relation point, buffet, snack bar, toilets and shops, public telephones, bars, travel agents desks, theatre for the night live show etc. Inside the resort there is also another structure called The Hacienda with shops, toilet, pharmacy, bar, where every Thursday, they use to do the Mexican Party with live music, games and fireworks (must get the ticket at the reception and they'll put on your bill). There is a small disco as well "La Rancherita" and if you would go out of the resort and go to Playa del Carmen (the nearest town) or visit some place during the day or night there are always at the entrance of the hotel taxi and public transport ready for you at very good prices. Maybe the only thing they can improve is the animation/activities during the day. For the rest great resort!
Some quick tips:
"Mikado" (Japanese Teppanyaki), in my opinion, is the best but also "La Gran Tortuga" (Brasilian) and "Tequila" (Mexican) are the nicest one. Between the buffet, Coba is the best. Even if is all inclusive tips are always welcome for Mexican (their salary are very low so don't be shy and leave some change).
Akumal and Coba are the best. Coba beach has animation in the morning. Tulum is a bit rocky.
N.B. If you don't want your kids get shocked by women in topless (they'll see them anyway in Tv or magazines) don't go to the beach, stay in the pool. ;)
Must see attraction:
Michael Jackson tribute show!
Don't expect a Broadway masterpiece but it is a good and well-done show made by local performer.
Things you must visit:
Chichen Itza, Tulum, Cobà, Cenotes, Isla Mujeres, Coco Bongo
In conclusion I'll not back again (unless it's free)....just because I'm not a routine person and I like to go in different places every time! =)
Viva Mexico forever!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BP Travel USA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe