We travelled to Gran Bahia Akumal the 8-22nd of june 2012.
On arrival we quickly got through immigration and got our cases. We then realised we had to fill another form out and our cases had to be scanned. Then you press a button green means go red means they search your case.
The transfer took about 2 hours we were the last hotel drop off.
We booked a club room so checked in at the special lobby. We were told villa number then had to walk to find it which was difficult when you have only just arrived.
The room was spacious and spotless. The maid (Alfredo) was brilliant he made fantastic animals with the towels.
We ate at all the buffets (Akumal, Coba, Tulum) They all had plenty of choice.
Brazilian - good, lots of different meats on large skewers we enjoyed this one.
Don pablo- Very good air conditioned restaurant the steak was very good.
Dolce Vita - Italian restaurant very good fabulous lasagne was very full by the end of the night.
Mikado- Japanese Disappointed we booked the show table and felt we were rushed and told to move in the middle of a conversation as the had another booking.
Red flags the whole time but you could use some areas but you need to look where they are.
Overall we enjoyed our holiday we would return but we wouldnt pay extra for the club room as felt it wasn't worth the money as we didn't get turn down service had to pay for the safe and didnt get taken to room on arrival. Also we found out people were getting free upgrades to club rooms on arrival very annoying when you have paid
Hope this honest review helps people considering this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe