High-lights: Clean nice grounds, not enough pool side chairs, not enough bar tenders, wild cats, poor room A/C, hard pillows and bed, and helpful staff.
This was our second and last stay at Gran Bahia. Our room was ready for check in when we arrived just before 3:00 pm local time. Many hotels will not let you check into your room before 3:00 pm. We had a third floor room the stairs to the room were not an issue, well lit and clean. The A/C in the room did not work well. Even with the ceiling fan on our room never cooled down. The TV cable was not connected, I had to remove the connector and install the cable correctly so the TV would work. The pillows and bed were hard as rocks. The cooler in the room was stocked on most days. The grounds of the resort are well kept and there is work being completed each day to keep the grounds looking nice. The trollies running almost nonstop throughout the complex so getting around is not difficult. The swimming pools are an OK size and clean. At the pools there are not enough chairs, to the point that people were sitting and laying on the grass. What chairs there were, were reserved by sunrise. By 8am, all the chairs were taken. I’m on vacation, not there to play games like musical chairs. We did not eat at every restaurant however I recommend the La Gran Tortuga. The meat at the La Gran Tortuga is served via meat swords (Brazilian style I’m told). The food is great! There is a wild cat problem; each restaurant and snack bar there are wilds cats hanging around. We saw the wild cats jumping on tables grabbing food and going in and out of the open windows at the restaurants. It doesn’t help that some guest were feeding the cats as well…..idiots. The bar tenders were good but each bar was under staffed. We will not be returning to Gran Bahia. If you go plan on going keep these points in mind; no available pool side chairs, many kids, long waits at the bar, lots of walking, take your own pillow, but good restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 630 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (additional charges apply). Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe