I was very nervous about staying here after the recent reviews. I will try and break down my thoughts. We stayed at Oasis Tulum 1/25-1/30
We booked ocean front rooms on the Oasis side, and we had a group of 6. When we arrived we were told they didn’t have 3 ocean front rooms available on the Oasis side so 2 of us would be moved to the Grand side. We really didn't care where we were, just that we could be together. So we asked if we could all be moved to the grand side, and they refused (basically the front desk staff are rude and not at all helpful). So we all went to our rooms and the wonderful gentleman that took us there, Edgar, let us "oasis people" go to the grand side to see our friend's room. It was a great room, very modern style and the grand rooms are located on the side of the resort with the nice white buildings you see in the pictures online. Our room on the Oasis side had an amazing view and was clean. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the shower. Half the time the water was cold and the other half there was no pressure. If this happens to you, call the front desk and they will come up quickly and fix it, my husband watched them fix it the 2nd time and after that he was able to get good pressure and hot water for our showers.
P.S. We saw Edgar a lot during our stay there and he was always very helpful and friendly, we really enjoyed talking with him, if you need anything, look for Edgar.
The food was what I would expect for an all-inclusive. I was disappointed we didn't have all the options for restaurants that the grand side had. We had 2 ala-carte options, an Italian and a Mexican restaurant. Both were good but we went Italian twice, the carbonara was amazing. The buffet was also good, make sure and get an omelet in the morning and ask for extra cheese!
BEAUTIFUL! One of the best I've been to. Bring water shoes and get up at 6 AM to reserve a beach chair (maybe if people quit suggesting you get up at 6 to get a chair, everyone would stop doing this, it's really silly). Also, beach towels are not available until 8 AM at the lifeguard stand on the beach (we walked around forever looking for towels the first day).
I saw the Mayan show on the beach and the light show. Both were entertaining and we enjoyed it. The Mayan show on the beach was my favorite, though. We also played sand volleyball and pool volleyball tournaments, both were a great time.
I gave Efrain his own paragraph because he deserves it! Efrain is the bartender at the swim up bar on the oasis side with the sushi bar. We met him the second day of our stay and he took care of our drinking habit the rest of the trip. We spent our afternoons drinking, swimming, playing volleyball and joking around with Efrain. He made our stay at Oasis Tulum wonderful, we wouldn’t have had as great a trip without him. Ask him for a LeeAnn drink or a Neapolitan shot, tell him gonzo and the Iowa group sent you ☺
Overall we had a great trip. If you already have reservations, and you will be staying on the oasis side, no worries. Make the best of your trip and you will enjoy it, I don’t think there is any reason to switch resorts. If you have yet to book and are trying to decide if you should stay here or not, I would say yes. BUT pay a little extra for the grand side. The hot showers would be worth it to me. They also have a really nice rooftop bar and infinity pool over there that is cool. Make sure to wander over to the oasis side and see Efrain, though.
An extra note: After you stay 3 nights they will offer you an upgrade to another resort because they have been overbooking. We didn't do it because we only had 2 more nights left, but we knew 2 other couples that did move to the oasis Cancun because they were closer to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "People say I'm gorgeous, but that's just how nature made me: fresh and beautiful, with a price that's definitely down to earth. I run with the quiet crowd, away from the bright lights and hustle, but my beach is the most extraordinary paradise you can imagine, with its amazing shape and coral reef, and spectacular scenery all around. Bring the family: spend time at my spa while the children check out my super new Kids' Club". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oasis Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Oasis Grand Rivera Maya
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Hotel
- Club Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Akumal
- Oasis Grand Riviera Maya Hotel
- Oasis Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico