“great diving experience”

Blue Experience Diving
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer PADI courses, daily Ocean and Cenote diving in small groups, all tailored to your requirements and level of experience.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“great diving experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Tim and Kathrin were great! They helped me get my rescue diver cert along with my nitrox cert. they picked me up on time everyday from my resort.they had my dive gear dry and ready for me before every dive. the dive site they took me too were a blast and full of life. at one point Tim and i spent 5 in with one turtle about 3' away. the overall experience was great. I will definitely use them next time i am in Akumal.

Calgary, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I booked dives with Tim via email before my trip, firstly because of the reviews on here, and secondly because he was so prompt and helpful. AND they picked me up at my resort - cherry on top!

I dove with Kathrin and three VERY gracious other divers. I had the least amount of experience and they were very accommodating, and Kathrin was SUPER. She also knows the area really well.

They are a very helpful, professional, service oriented dive shop. They made my whole diving experience (after not diving for years) a really positive one. And for that I'm so thankful! Thank you Kathrin and Tim!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A very happy Christmas was most certainly had by me - thanks to Blue Experience Dive team”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Highly recommended from novice to experienced diver, I can recommend diving with the Blue Experience Dive Team. From the professional and friendly approach in the dive shop to the personal care taken on each dive and the dropping off at the hotel, I can not fault Tim and all his team.

I had the pleasure of Diving with Leaf on my refresher, after me not diving for nearly 3 years, followed by buddying him on a shallow reef dive; two days later with Tim on an exciting Cozumel drift dive and a colourful reef dive straight after. Then a relaxed and unique experience on Christmas Eve with Rally, diving in his domain of the Cenotes. He even offered to Dive Christmas Day if I wanted to see more!

Where it not for a strong head cold that hit me Boxing day, I would have so gone back in week two, for more exciting adventures with the Blue Experience team!

Thank you Tim, Kathrin and to all your team, for making my Christmas so memorable; I hope one day we can do it again. Keep Diving!!

All the best Dave - Nottinghamshire, UK

Visited December 2013
chicago
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent shop”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I was in Akumal with several non-diving friends and decided to heed the outstanding reviews and dive with Tim and Kathrin at Blue Experience and I'm very glad i did! Tim answered my initial inquiry very promptly and was there to pick me up at the house we were renting on my first morning of diving... i was able to meet them on the beach each subsequent day as i was staying within just a few minutes walk of akumal bay. As for the diving we enjoyed very small groups, never more than four divers, and on two occasions i had the benefit of Tim as my private DM. As a somewhat experienced diver i was allowed to dive right to my profile and we enjoyed fantastic hour plus long dives. I was able to see a couple of the other dive ops located in akumal in action, and while they seemed 'good enough' there simply isn't another option for diving in akumal as far as i'm concerned. i cant wait to get back in the water with Blue Experience.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Professional Dive Operation”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had several dives with Tim and Kathrin last week and had a great experience. They were incredibly professional and took us to some great sites. There were three of us with varying skill level and they were able to make us all feel comfortable. I really appreciated the personal experience - the small dive groups and complimentary pickup from our hotel - and found our rental equipment to be top notch.