“Absolutely Perfect”

Blue Experience Diving
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer PADI courses, daily Ocean and Cenote diving in small groups, all tailored to your requirements and level of experience.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Prior to booking my hotel I always try to find an area with a dive shop that I want to work with. We had narrowed down the Mayan Riviera and I had found the reviews for Blue Experience. I emailed every dive shop in the area to get a feel for who would accommodate what I was looking for (experience level, sites, assistance with gear because I have a bad knee etc) and was absolutely impressed by Tim's attention to detail with his reply.

We emailed back and forth several times sorting out what I wanted to do. The weather was looking quite grim so I held off on booking until I got there. Once I was at the resort I called Tim and he actually drove out to the resort just to talk to me about what I was looking to do. We booked two days of double tank diving at Akumal and then a 2 tank cenote dive.

I had some rusty parts to get used to but through every dive I improved with Tim's help. We worked on my buoyancy, ascending, descending etc. I was already certified but definitely had some kinks to work out. We saw lots of awesome marine life, the cenote dive was awesome as well.

If you're an experienced diver you will love talking to Tim and Kathrin about their experience diving world wide (they've been everywhere and have awesome stories!). They know the area like the back of their hands and can help you find exactly what you're looking for. While I prefer Cozumel to Akumal in terms of location, I could definitely see myself booking a hotel in the Riviera again for the sole reason of getting to dive with Tim. He gave me the confidence that I can advance and get better with time and practice. I would definitely like to pursue my Advanced Open water certification and when I'm ready I will book a trip back so that he can be my instructor.

If you're new to diving, never tried it, or want to keep going then this is absolutely the shop. They will accommodate anything you need. I've got a physical disability that makes walking difficult without special shoes. They carried all my gear, made sure I was only on boats that would be easy to get on/off and spent lots of extra time making sure I was ok, happy and comfortable.

The little things also add up. Every day they would pick us up from the hotel and drop us off again so we didn't need a taxi. When i did the cenote dive, they brought my fiance and mother in law along in the vehicle for an extremely cheap price and provided them snorkel gear so they could experience it as well.

If I was a millionaire I would call Tim and Kathrin every time I booked a vacation so i could fly them around the world with me as my personal dive guides. I can sincerely say it will be hard to ever top the experience with them and I will 100% be a returning customer!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I chose to dive with BED based on the tripadvisor reviews, and because Tim was so responsive via email. I did two open water dives with them and one cenote dive. They are experienced, friendly, and like to teach. They were also very accommodating for people who needed a little extra attention due to health issues or beginner status. Chepu, our guide for the cenotes, was also great--completely competent and in control, which is what you want when you are meandering through dark caves under water. Their prices were totally reasonable, and I appreciated that they seem to care about the environment that they work in (I saw Kathrin diving to the bottom to pick up trash in the ocean). I would definitely dive with them again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My daughters and I wanted to do our PADI Advanced Open Water qualification when we were on holiday in Mexico. We came upon Blue Experience Diving while doing some investigation on whom to dive with while we stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe. The teaching and the diving was excellent, they worked incredibly hard to ensure that we obtained the best diving experience we would get during our holiday. They arranged for wide variety of dives during our course which certainly contributed to our diving knowledge and which provided wonderful dives. We could not have had a better instructor in Tim, nor in Tim and Kathrin individuals who helped us both with our diving and also with lots of other knowledge about what to do and where to go in this part of Mexico. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in any aspect of diving or in their other tours.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe but chose to dive with Tim at Blue Experience following some emails beforehand. A number of the dive companies failed to understand what the "PADI Adventure Diver" course entailed for an 11 year old a- Tim was the exception. He was great with my daughter and taught her very well. She enjoyed his detailed knowledge of the underwater world and responded well to his tuition.
We did about 6 dives each him and enjoyed everyone, seeing turtles, rays etc.. We also did the whale fish tour - an amazing day, better than you can imagine.
We finished it off with 2 hour fishing trip, we caught 3 amber jacks about 10lb each and then to cap it all off, I landed a 7 FT Sailfish !!!.
These guys come and get you, drop you off, and fantastic value for money. We have dived in Europe, USA, Egypt and thess guys have fantastic customer service . Do not book with anyone else......

1  Thank watnut
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We bought a whaleshark snorkelling trip through Tim and Kathrin for all the comments everyone else has made - prompt replies to emails and unbelievably helpful service before the trip with advice and support. The trip itself was with Blue caribe and I may not experience anything as amazing again in my life. Utterly unforgettable. At Tim and Kathrin's suggestion we then booked bubblemakers for two of our kids that allowed us to do a dive each. Again Tim and Kathrin were utterly brilliant on both accounts. We had perfect dives in relaxed, expert care and the kids were beyond excited. Tim was brilliant with the kids, taking them both out to dive with turtles after a session in the pool. He was extremely good at both the professional and personal side of things, and got some amazing pictures and videos of their first ever dives in the sea. These two days were highlights on an amazing trip.

1  Thank Fernihough